Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How to drain fuel tank LC200 North America

LC-Jared

Country Flag
united_states
I speculate that I have water in my tank. I filled up my LC with some gas I had left over following a potential storm in Florida that was stored in a 5 gallon jerry can. it sat for two weeks. Some how water must have gotten in the can. As soon as I added it to my tank, the engine started having trouble. No she wont start.

How do I drain my tank?

I speculate that I have water in my tank. I filled up my LC with some gas I had left over following a potential storm in Florida that was stored in a 5 gallon jerry can. it sat for two weeks. Some how water must have gotten in the can. As soon as I added it to my tank, the engine started having trouble. No she wont start.

How do I drain my tank?

Hi @LC-Jared
There should be a 'drain plug' in the bottom of the tank, I know there is on the 100 series, have you looked undreneath?

Fuel Tank.JPG

A look at a random LC200 tank on Partsouk would suggest there is no drain plug. You may have to undo the fuel sender / pickup etc patch which is possibly accessible via a panel under the rear seats.

Edit - I've seen the OP is from 4 months ago - hopefully he has it sorted by now.

View attachment 163503

A look at a random LC200 tank on Partsouk would suggest there is no drain plug. You may have to undo the fuel sender / pickup etc patch which is possibly accessible via a panel under the rear seats.

Edit - I've seen the OP is from 4 months ago - hopefully he has it sorted by now.
Yes, I looked on there as well and couldn’t see a drain plug, but still worth a peek underneath just to confirm, seems strange if there isn’t a drain plug. I wonder if the tank on the 200 is plastic, seems a lot of cars fuel tanks are plastic now days, it looks a very irregular shape to be steel.

I find a lot of new members ask for help and either never answer, or do get a response then never come back with an outcome, ha ho, that’s what makes the world go round.

Last edited by a moderator:
A very effective way is to pressurize the return fuel line with a tyre compressor and fill the cans from the fuel filter feed pipe to the fuel pump.... just make sure you have more than enough big fuel cans!!

Back