Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How to edit or delete post?

KZJ90

Why I can´t edit my own post, which I just writed less than half hour ago? And I cannot delete or edit any other too? What´s wrong? :think: :( :evil: :thumbdown:

Because there is a time limit on the edit facility. We agreed to have this initially to see how it goes. Plus it stops people being mischievous and going back to change things they said.

Chris

Is this normal practise? I don´t like it. :cry: tlocuk.co.uk is even more irritating, I can´t edit at all there and that´s why I don´t write there any more. :evil:

You can post new topics in this forum = ok
You can reply to topics in this forum = ok
You can edit your posts in this forum = just about 15 minutes?
You can delete your posts in this forum = if I cannot edit, I cannot delete

Here we go :) I'll pull up a chair :whistle: :lol: ;)

doesnt bother me, i think its perfect. 15mins is plenty of time for me to scan through and correct any spelling errors. :thumbup:

why would you want to delete your posts?

im sure if you really wanted a post/topic deleting, then the forum admin/moderators could do that for you. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nope. Because it's our forum. Not someone who likes to play games at our expense. Generally it works just fine for us. If you have a particular problem with a post then just contact a mod, like Crispin and he'll sort it for you.

Chris

Not many people do post over there anymore!

Chris said:
Nope. Because it's our forum. Not someone who likes to play games at our expense. Generally it works just fine for us. If you have a particular problem with a post then just contact a mod, like Crispin and he'll sort it for you.

Chris

!
Difference is that there is always a mod about to alter things on here if needed, but on the other site the furer looks in on the site about twice a week, and he takes ages to respond to emails.

Not many people do post over there anymore
I was only thinking that the other day, it's getting very slow on there.

I think its absolutley down right wrong not to have an edit function and the mods should listen to the needs of the members and not their own misguided needs..........

Sorry :oops: wrong site :auto-ambulance:

Paul said:
I think its absolutley down right wrong not to have an edit function and the mods should listen to the needs of the members and not their own misguided needs..........

Sorry :oops: wrong site :auto-ambulance:

You just stirring the pot now :whistle:

The edit timeout is 15 minutes if I remember correctly, Chris's reasons are why it is there.
If there is something that is either glaringly wrong or just something you want to change, send us a PM and I'll do it. Quick and easy and people do it it.

not quite as bad as TLOCUK ;)

I am unable to edit anything, there is no 'time out' I can't remember where it said it, but it said "You are not able to edit" why is that? if there is a time out I should be able to do that.

I noticed that too the other day....no "grace" period to review/edit my post whatsoever.......
:think:

Let's see if I have the option on THIS post...

No.

No option to "edit" following my post above. Just the usual "Reply", "Reply with Quote" and "Multi-quote this message".

Guys, just bear with it for a second. There will be an edit facility and it will be unlimited time out as long as you have a small number of posts on the forum. Something's just gone t**s up for a second. No need to get all stirred up. It was there for sure. Normal service will be resumed I am sure. In the meantime if you want your post editing .......

Chris

The last I read about it ,,,was Crispin was going to give "established members" the unlimited edit facility.

Wonder how far he got with it?

Gra.

Why would anyone (other than Cris or the Mods) want the ability to edit their posts after a reasonable time period (1 hour Max)?

OK, come on, what have you done with Paul? Where is he?

You are kidding - right?

Chris

Back