Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How to: Post a question or start a new topic

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
I've had a number of folk email me and ask "How do I ask a question" so I thought I would do a quick how-to for it. (Next up, how to search for a how-to :lol: )

After your have signed up and logged in, you should be able to post a new question, or, as they are called in forums, "Thread"

The best place to post a question is the vehicle specific section. Each has the common names and model numbers listed so you should be able to find it.
1.png

Clicking on the section, you'll see all the current threads. Click on the "New Thread" button at the top left hand corner of the page.
2.png

Give it a meaningful title (having a title of "help" is rather pointless and often leads to being ignored) and a detailed question.
3.png

Be specific with the question. The folks that wonder around here are very knowledgeable but don't have crystal balls (though some have brass ones...). Tell the model, is it diesel or petrol, what is the problem or symptom etc, the more info, the less back and forth there is trying to work it out. Saying "my blue land cruiser goes kuurrrrklank when I pull away" will not get you far.
Also, be polite :) Threads lacking in salutation will normally get thumped by our resident Yorkshireman and a member with "that gold colour" ;)

Back