Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

hub rebuild questions

It's why we're here.

No questions this time, just thought i'd give you an update.

Everything went on well (I think). Now that everything is looking shiny i'm inspired to treat the old girl to some new brake callipers so going to order some Advics from Roughtrax tomorrow, and the new brake hoses from HEL should be here by the end of the week.

I kinda wish i had cleaned up and sprayed the dust shields now.

IMG_4357.jpg
IMG_4363.JPG
IMG_4372.jpg

Excellent Nick, please tell me that you did use a torque wrench on the hub bolts

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello Nick,
Thanks Guys.

Sure did. In fact I used a torque wrench on every bolt on there.

Great thread, photos look awesome. I was just wondering what brand of CV did you use? Or did you just repack the OEM shafts?

Great thread, photos look awesome. I was just wondering what brand of CV did you use? Or did you just repack the OEM shafts?

Hi YeahNah,

I repacked the originals because they were looking in great condition. The truck has done less than 100k miles and they have been done once before at least (although not by me hence the thread).

N

Hi YeahNah,

I repacked the originals because they were looking in great condition. The truck has done less than 100k miles and they have been done once before at least (although not by me hence the thread).

N
Ah yeah that makes sense. I just had a look as I saw another thread talking about Cozza 4x4 shafts think I will give them a go as I saw www.onlineautoparts.com.au is running a 20% off sitewide sale for Black Friday may as well take advantage of it and get some stuff for my old girl.

How did the 105 wheel bearing part numbers compare to the 80 ones please?

Interesting so you could up grade a 80 to a 105 hub to gain the higher strength components

Back