Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ79 Camper

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
This is all new territory to me hence the question.

I've spotted this for sale and wondered what the collective thoughts are. It looks like it's powered by a none turbo version of the 80 series 4.2 diesel motor? With the turbo 'missing' what is the drive-ability like?

Final question, what is something like this worth?

i-vWsH9MH.jpg

Lightly loaded they will do about 140kph flat out. With a camper on the back mine would do a 120kph but 100kph was the max safe speed in perfect conditions.
They consume about 12-14 litres per 100klms but can go up to 15-16 with a strong headwind at high speed.
Handling wise,the camper lessens the off road capability,but they are still a practicle vehicle and they are certainly strong enough to go on bad roads for long periods
They are also very close to their maximum load and many exceed that.
If you are interested in buying one I would suggest you have it weighed to confirm it will be legal and dont forget to add the weight of the occupants,their luggage,food and water.
The engine is very simple and extremely easy to work on. They will go for years with just oil and filter changes which takes about 20 mins.
They sell for about $30000-50000 in australia depending on the condition and fitout and mileage.
The 79 series has the less desirable R151 gearbox

This one looks remarkably similar to one a scammer selling at way below replacement cost in Europe 6 months ago.

Yep for sure the same photos as the scammer used, walk away.

Thanks for the advise and tip off, I will ask the 'seller' to send me another photo of him standing in front of the truck while standing on one leg and holding three fingers in the air.... if he has one like that then I guess he might be genuine :)

Awww he's not playing ball:-
Just so I know you do have the car and are genuine, can you please take a photo of the car with you standing by it while standing on one leg with both hands in the air. If you can do this then I will know you do indeed have the car with you.

I understand that you are taking all possible security but sincerely i had a operation on my left leg few days ago and i still recover!

So I've asked him to take a photo of him holding up a copy of today's news paper in front of it..... not had a reply since :roll:

Bat21 said:
Awww he's not playing ball:-
Just so I know you do have the car and are genuine, can you please take a photo of the car with you standing by it while standing on one leg with both hands in the air. If you can do this then I will know you do indeed have the car with you.

[quote:1k0qd6z0]I understand that you are taking all possible security but sincerely i had a operation on my left leg few days ago and i still recover!

So I've asked him to take a photo of him holding up a copy of today's news paper in front of it..... not had a reply since :roll:[/quote:1k0qd6z0]

Uve got to give the chap credit for the reply.... What a joker :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
karl webster said:
Uve got to give the chap credit for the reply.... What a joker :lol:
My reply was going to be "well stand on your right leg then" :doh: :D

:lol:

I dont understand why these people are using the same truck over and over.

This is why forums are good :thumbup:

karl webster said:
:lol:

I dont understand why these people are using the same truck over and over.

This is why forums are good :thumbup:

maybe theyve had a lot of success using that pic. :think:

Prob so Ben. It isnt a common truck so it probably generates alot of interest. Txxts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They ask for a wetern union transfer to make sure the person buying gets the truck. With wetern union the people the other end only need the num off the transaction and they can draw the funds from anywhere. I know someone who was done 2k for a 80series.

karl webster said:
They ask for a wetern union transfer to make sure the person buying gets the truck....
ah I wondered how that bit worked.

He has sent me his 'address', I'm going to tell him that I will come over with the cash on Saturday and see what his response is :D

wobbly said:
Whats the address?
It is in Herrenberg Germany.

This guy is not using Western Union, he has given me his bank name, account number and sort code which is in Hastings :o

I sent him an email 6 months ago and told him I wanted to drive it back to Australia. I told him I would be flying into Germany with the cash but I wanted to take a look and wouldnt be handing any money over till then.
No answer

The real owner has posted about this - if not here then the other place, or IH8MUD - its caused him no end of upset.

Pete

Back