Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hzj79 series transfercase

RobBroady

Country Flag
australia
Hello
I have just finished rebuilding my gearbox on my Hzj79 series ute and was putting the final cog back on the output shaft that goes into the transfercase and cant decide/remember which way around it goes.
Can anyone hep please
Rob
Photos attached ( I hope)

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 560
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 455
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 470
Hi.. to me thats the power take off drive gear. It fits in like your centre pic.
1420192247539.jpg
If I recall correctly it is only used for the pto winch. Hope this sorts it out for you..

Just an added note for you. . You need to add the middle shaft and gears at the same time as you fit the upper gears and the bearing on the end.
20140812_112426.jpg
To avoid getting into this situation! The inner gear on the centre shaft wount pass by easily.. will do but hassle:thumbup:

HZJ79 transfer

I followed the advise from here and put the shaft and middle cogs onto the gearbox side of things but am concerned that the cog is touching the casing. I hope you can see this from my photos. There is nothing really to keep those cogs in the one spot so when everything is put together will they sit away from the casing? I have taken the other cogs back off so I could photo it properly
Thanks
Rob

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 352
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 314
There are thrust washers that sit between the casing and the end gear, on both end of the idler shaft. They are a wearing part..
1420280182466.jpg
The left hand side shows how thin they go. The right hand is a new one they fill up the slack in the idler shaft.
The replacement one is terrain tamer part. So should be easy for you to find there in Australia. There must be many of this type of transfer case that needs new thrust washers.
Hope this helps!!. Iwan..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back