Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hzj81 ???

AC problems can be a PITA to trace, mine worked fine for the first 5 years of ownership then nothing. Went to an AC service, they plugged it up, said no gas, re-gassed it and told me there was no circulation. The compressor clutch was activating but no pressure.

To me, no gas meant a leak somewhere, but they wouldn't or couldn't dye it to trace the leak. So I abandoned AC for 2 years. Then my regular trusted service workshop got themselves a diagnostics machine. They re-gassed it and vacuum tested it for 30 mins, no pressure drop whatsoever.

It's been fine ever since.

Very confusing!

AC problems can be a PITA to trace, mine worked fine for the first 5 years of ownership then nothing. Went to an AC service, they plugged it up, said no gas, re-gassed it and told me there was no circulation. The compressor clutch was activating but no pressure.

To me, no gas meant a leak somewhere, but they wouldn't or couldn't dye it to trace the leak. So I abandoned AC for 2 years. Then my regular trusted service workshop got themselves a diagnostics machine. They re-gassed it and vacuum tested it for 30 mins, no pressure drop whatsoever.

It's been fine ever since.

Very confusing!

Living in this part of the world AC is essential! Unfortunately the equivalent skills to service/repair just aren't here. Sure there are plenty of bodies who will put gas in, change parts and do a 'service' but nobody I know has any diagnostic tools, even the massive local Toyota dealer. It's all hit and miss...and money!

Living in this part of the world AC is essential! Unfortunately the equivalent skills to service/repair just aren't here. Sure there are plenty of bodies who will put gas in, change parts and do a 'service' but nobody I know has any diagnostic tools, even the massive local Toyota dealer. It's all hit and miss...and money!

In the summer, AC is essential too in this part of the world. It was 40+ at times this summer :lol:

Wnter's coming, so ready for down to -20, if we're lucky :dance:

So, she's here!.

First impression, good nick, rides well, has gas shocks and slightly raised. No legroom!!!:wtf: I'm 6'2" and I feel like I'm too close to the steering wheel and my legs are cramped. Passenger side the same, can't stretch my legs out. Is there a seat fix for this to get the seats to move further back?

Wot no turbo! sorry. heres my plate:
data plate sm.jpg
and truck
front view sm.jpg
gen view sm.jpg

Did a trip down the coast over the weekend. Bertha rattles! Started finding the things that don't work like wing mirror adjustment and fold, can these be fixed with a clean and lube? There's a button on the dash EST, what is it? Also when should the overdrive button be used? When I pressed it in it seemed to change down a gear and raise the revs, but that was at about 60kph!

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now THAT, is a bumper!! Nice and tidy.

regards

Dave

those pictures are from when I went to view it - it has been plenty dirty since!!! The bumper is actually marked for a Nissan Patrol but fits well with the winch but has been trimmed a little to fit.

...will be moving to about 1500m after new year, would that make a difference?
The only difference is +~0,5l/100km. If you go above 1500m difference will be +1l/100km for every 1000m above see level and at 3000m+ wiil start dying :) I switched on "L" at~2800m and it was barely moving on first gear at 3500m.
Enjoy your 1HZ. You're gonna love it !
George

The only difference is +~0,5l/100km. If you go above 1500m difference will be +1l/100km for every 1000m above see level and at 3000m+ wiil start dying :) I switched on "L" at~2800m and it was barely moving on first gear at 3500m.
Enjoy your 1HZ. You're gonna love it !
George

Thanks, done a grand total of 280km's so far! It's mama's taxi so not much opportunity's yet till we move.

Steering

Took Bertha around town and on a few stretches where I could get her up to 80kph (anyone who knows Dar will understand), steering seems a little vague. Not like there is slop in the steering, just that it seems to under react or react a little slowly. Is this something common and fixable?

Have the tracking (steering alignment) checked.

IIRC, it should be 1/2 degree toe-in. But check this by some other means.

Yours may be more or less than this, which will have an effect.

It's likely to vary truck to truck, but I had my tracking alignment parallel and thought it to be OK. Then the geometry service told me it should have 1/2 degree toe-in and corrected it, and it was noticeably better afterwards. Frank Rabbets put me on to this as well IIRC. Cheers Frank! :thumbup:

Toe in (wheels driving slightly towards each other) provides straight line stability at speed but can result in vagueness while cornering , Playstation Grand Turismo taught me something i guess :oops:

Back