Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I want to upgrade but....

Years ago a mate of mine wrote off his brand new car when he hit a cow at night on a remote rarely used road and insurance wouldn't pay because the cow got up and walked off . Years on the never never for nothing :violin:

I get one every time we holiday in France, I try and get the Different Designs engraved into the handles, My favourite is the two Boars, (No8) and the No 12 gets the most work....Good knives if you keep em sharp...

Seems we've drifted way off topic here. So here's the knife I had made for my 50th...

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 14.15.24.jpg

Steve H lost Interest after the second post.... So we thought we would improvise.... Cracking Knife.... Are they still making Knives in Sunny Sheffield?

Certainly are. Rather artisan of course, but still some knifesmiths around. Took well over a year to get mine. Long story, bespoke is never fast unless you're in Hong Kong for a suit

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Being based in the expansive ‘S’ postcode area is still a thing. My father-in-law makes ‘Made in Sheffield’ saw blades and his place of work is a good half-hour drive from Sheffield proper.

Stuart is certainly still manufacturing in the heart of the city. You're lucky if you can actually find him. I get lost every time in the maze where he works. Done a few deer with it now and it's a lovely knife to work with.
I do have way too many knives. When we were in Finland, I kinda filled my boots with different Mora knives. There were so many blade configurations and they were sooo cheap.

Fact is you can't have too many knives .....
We had the Opinel pocket knives as kids .... the grandkids are allowed pen knives when they come and stay ... we do bush craft , make fires , spears and bows and arrows.... they sleep outside in the wood or the parachute shelter we have by the pond at the moment .... not bad for a 6 year old boy and 8 year old girl ...

Fact is you can't have too many knives
Did someone mention torches ? apart from the 3 Opinels I have a n old Wenger swiss army penknife that goes everywhere with me.But you can only use one knife at a time unless you're involved in some sort of zombie killing Kung Fu battle.Quality is always a good buy as I still have 2 Sabatier kitchen knives I bought in the 80s.

I haven't lost interest at all. I did reply but at the moment i am trying to sell a house and getting solicitors to talk to each other by anything other than emails is a right PIA. Looking for a new motor is on the back burner for a while but I do appreciate all your input and thoughts.

I would wait until the new Bronco is offered in RHD Steve .

I haven't lost interest at all. I did reply but at the moment i am trying to sell a house and getting solicitors to talk to each other by anything other than emails is a right PIA. Looking for a new motor is on the back burner for a while but I do appreciate all your input and thoughts.
No offence Meant........ Whats your thought on Knives?.........:think: Aaaaaaaand! End!

Last edited:
@Higgy no offence taken just didn't realise I hadnt replied for a while. Tied up with selling my in laws house. Why cant the solicitors pick up the phone and call!!!!
Havent really thought about knives other than Stanley knives or work knives although my son learnt how to use them when out shooting with my brother-in law.

Thats ok Steve....Just my weird Humour.. I guess the moral of the Story is .... Don't buy a 120...." I think" :think: ...( I don't know much about Knives either)

@Higgy no offence taken just didn't realise I hadnt replied for a while. Tied up with selling my in laws house. Why cant the solicitors pick up the phone and call!!!!
Havent really thought about knives other than Stanley knives or work knives although my son learnt how to use them when out shooting with my brother-in law.
Brilliant....what's your thoughts on guns ;-) ..... can't have too many guns , or knives .... not for use on errant solicitors though .
If it's any consolation ....my wife is trying to sell a property and despite having accepted an offer the wheels seem to be grinding slower than a slow thing... this is in Dorset but pretty sure it's the same everywhere .
Covid currently given as the reason for every inefficient or disorganised company who can't get their arses in gear .

@Grimbo Not had a lot to do with guns either but my son has a few air guns including a replica Colt 45which fires steel pellets and has an eight shot magazine. Its also a repeating shot as well, no reloading every time you've fired a shot. As for the house situation weve gone from them wanting all kinds of certificates( FENSA, Building completion works) to exchanging and completing on the 14th in less than a week! Hope your wife has a result sooner rather than later.
Still thinking of a 120 next year though

Glad the house is going well fingers crossed .....
Hopefully you can get the 120 next year..... best advice is look at as many as you can , ask questions of those on here who know 120's (not me really as I've never progressed beyond 80 ;-) )
Rust will be an issue it seems and check engine service history meticulously....
Owning anything other than an airgun nowadays is a lot of hassle .... not that it stops all the criminals getting them because surprise surprise they don't have an FAC or shotgun licence ...... if you want a lesson in ill thought out knee jerk law making....British gun laws are a prime example .

Back