Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Extreme Landcruiser

Garage
Country Flag
united_states
I just wanted to stop by here and say a mention of gratitude for your site. I understand that birthday notifications in your inbox are most likely parts of the automated site that get sent out based on your profile settings. But this is where it gets personal, on December 11th, 2016 I lost my adoptive mother and I have become accustomed to getting a phone call from her wishing me a Happy Birthday. January 17th, 2017 was the first time in my entire life that I didn't receive a voice phone call from family. I had just remembered her mentioning just before the December holidays... "Hey you'll have a birthday coming up soon"... being it was my 40th, it was kind of a big marker year. She really wanted to know what I was going to do with my life next.
Well, here's the kicker- I never received that annual birthday call on the 17th. To be honest, I've been out of it lately in some sorts. Here's where the appreciation is- when I opened my email that day and saw that the top of my list was an email from Land Cruiser Club wishing me a Happy Birthday... I was touched. Irregardless of the fact it was automated by the system or not. That simple gesture brightened my day. And for that, I am grateful.
So I just wanted to share that- in a sometimes mysterious world of not understanding the why's and if's of how everything works in life... you can still get something wonderful that was completely Unexpected.

A Huge Thank You to the Land Cruiser Club! ;)

I reckon most of us are old enough to understand how such a small gesture can make a profound difference in the circumstance you describe . Your a credit to your mum for being man enough to share it :thumbup:

It is the little things that make it that's for sure. :text-bravo:

Reactions: Pat
Sorry to hear about your mum EL. It's never easy losing someone close, and they don't come much closer than your mum.
Glad the club helped brighten your day, however small or insignificant.
Thanks for sharing that uplifting story. I prescribe long drives in your Landcruiser to help take your mind off things for a bit and put that cruiser grin back where it belongs.

Best wishes
Richard

:text-+1:

There's no knowing how to deal with a loss, only by working through it.

Occasionally, the slightest thing can knock you way off and likewise give you a boost.

Happy it was the club that gave you a boost!

BTW, we haven't seen many posts from you in 4 years, how about a truck update? :thumbup:

Edit: just seen your update, hush my mouth :icon-rolleyes::lol:

Reactions: Pat
Back