Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

in line fuel pump

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Does anyone have a link to the inline fuel pumps please. I have a couple but the flow hole is too small. thanks

You mean like the Walbro ones Karl?

Its a pump , surely flow volume is dictated by pressure ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You can evaluate whether your pipe diameter fits your needs : in the suction line the fuel should flow at less than 0,5m/s, in the discharge lines speed should be limited to 2m/s. I'm just guessing but at full load (125kW) I would expect a fuel flow of 0,02 liters/sec, this is 0,01 liter/sec for the engine and the same amount for return flow. B

Based on this and your pipe diameter you can calculate the fuel speed and compare it to the numbers above.

Karl, let me put it this way :
0,02 l/s in a 10mm inner diameter pipe will flow at 0,27 m/s.
Tihe 125kW 1HD engine at 30% efficiency will use 12,5/0.3 liter/h or 0.012 liter/sec.

Correct you need a low pressure pump. It’s not an injector pump it’s an assist pump. You also need fuel to flow through it if it stops
Some won’t which of course has exactly the opposite effect
I’m in Vienna at the second but I’m sure my thread was called fitting a walbro pump
I may have included details in there but it was something like 12 psi and 105 l per hour so quite small

Karl do you mean the hole is too small, for your fittings? What exactly is the problem?

Don't mean to go off topic, but those who have an inline pump, if they were to fail, do they cause an obstruction to the fuel flow or will the IP be fine lifting the fuel like normal?

As Chris mentioned above, it's important to use a pump that allows free flow of fuel in the event it fails or power to it is lost, otherwise it will just act like a fuel shut off solenoid.

I can switch mine on and off so I know that it will allow fuel through as originally intended. Mine has the function of being able to act as a fuel transfer pump and I have used it before to fill Jerry cans from the vehicle.

Back