Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Indicators cutting out while towing

Jacob100

Supporter
Every now and then the indicators on my 100 stop working when I have towing electrics plugged in. It is very infrequent and seems to happen mostly at low speeds or when stationary. Turning the ignition off and on sorts it every time. Anyone experienced this and know if there’s an obvious fix?

That's a strange combination of symptoms ... I think the indicator flasher relay is behind the drivers side kick panel. Maybe you could track that down and see what's going on voltage wise at the relay?

Do you have a buzzer, Or lamp on the Dash,? Iv had a similar issue turned out to be wiring on the buzzer, I noticed sometimes the Buzzer wouldn't work, And in turn no Indicators on Trailer or Truck. I by passed the buzzer till i got a new one and everything ok after that....

Do you use your hazard switch to test your trailer lights when you first plug them in? I did this and when I switched the hazards off I found that my indicators werent working at all. Switched the haxzards on and off and they worked fine. Worth checking the hazard switch if it does it again to reset indicators

Loose wire in the tow socket would be my first thought .

No buzzer or lamp and yes I do sometimes use the hazard switch and it seems to reactivate the indicators. Also, just to be clear, this is extremely rare and only happens a couple of times a year.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back