Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injector Swap 2006

mcnallykev

Country Flag
uk
Hi, Had a quick search but couldn't see anything. On a 2006 LC3 did the injectors need to be done or were they ok from the factory? Cheers. Looking at one that has been in Northern Ireland from new until 50k but no servicing since then that I can see. For that car 50,000 miles would have been about 2011. Thoughts welcome.

It's not the injectors that were the problem with the 3.0 D4D motor. There is a thread on here somewhere that details the range in vin numbers that have the effected engines that basically need the injector seats changing...

Typically the injectors need doing at around 120k miles, which sound very noisy on startup. You can check the values using Techstream, again there are a couple of threads that detail that on here. Budget around £1k for parts.......

Last edited:
Cars that should have been recalled for dodgy seals were

Model Vin Range Manufacture date
KDJ125 JTE AZ29J# 00019035-00050831 June,2004 Through October,2007
KDJ120 JTE BZ29J# 00049705-00160767 June,2004 Through October,2007

But if they're still running round now I'd be surprised if they haven't been done. That said I'd want to see some evidence the seals have been replaced if you are looking for something in that VIN range.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rather strange one that, Kev. First things that come to mind are, it was stock before being registered and sold,
Or used as a demonstrator on trade plates before being registered and sold.
3 years difference seems far too long though.

Hmmm.. didnt think you were allowed to have a plate on it that was newer than the car, whatever the circumstances?

Whats on the V5?

Not seen the V5 although everything matches up other than that. The pic I have of the vin is bad so will get a better one tomorrow when my brother checks over the car. I’ll let you know!

Check the VIN no on Toyodiy, it will tell you month of manufacture but on a four fig Vin no I'd have said it was the earlier. It will have the 4 spd auto and not have the upgrades to the engine.

Checked the VIN on Toyodiy. It comes back with this:

GRADE:GX:GX TYPE
DESTINATION:EUR:
EUROPEDRIVER'S POSITION:
LHD:LEFT-HAND DRIVE
ENGINE:1KDFTV:3000CC DIESEL TURBO
TRANSMISSION:ATM:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONGEAR SHIFT TYPE:4FC:ATM, 4-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT
NO.OF DOORS:5D:
5-DOORCOLOR CODE:1D4
TRIM CODE:LB10

Year 09/02- 07/04.

Reg is KJZ 2650. Showing an March 06 Car. Also it is not LHD or Auto. Am I correct in thinking if it is a March 06 it should have a 6speed Manual? As I say my brother is getting eyes on it tomorrow so will get better Vin Details etc.

I know. It must be wrong but on the pic that’s my best guess. I would post it on here but I had to fiddle with in Lightroom to get the best out of it I could. I’ll give it a go.

Here it is. Good luck. Lots of zooming.
9F9EEABF-20E3-4068-A44A-371AAA1D04F3.jpeg

The Vin is 008973 so that seems to be fine but when I run the Vin check it says the car is a 2003? Reg Saying 2006 Strange.

Shows as 2005 when I look for it.
toyo.png

EDIT : although if I read all the way to the bottom it does say manufactured in 2003, and LHD, etc. Odd.

Date01.2003
Framecolor1D4
TrimcolorLB10
ProdPeriod09.2002 - 08.2004
OptionsAT/MT: AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION; Doors: 5-DOOR; Steering: LEFT-HAND DRIVE VEHICLES; Grade: GX TYPE; Transmission Type: ATM, 4-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT; Engine: (1KDFTV) 3000CC DIESEL TURBO

Last edited:
Yer, odd and odder, MOT check sheds no more light. About the only thing you can trust with this is the colour.

You can........ cant you?

Back