Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

INTERCOOLER BUILD ENQUIRY

Looks great it will be interesting to see how much power and driveability is achieved with the larger volume inlet manifold and cooling air from the intercooler. To get more cooler purer oxygen in my engine I rooted the pcv to a catch can then down to a filter on the chassis leg just before the ac vent tube to vent to air,cut the plastic engine cover down to just cover the fins on the intercooler to protect them when I put tools on top of intercooler during maintenance, together with a blanking plate for the egr valve to stop hot exhaust fumes going back in the engine and a manual fuel mapper from a company in Australia called ozbush electronics , a K&N air filter, the results are a smoother, quieter and more power especially at lower revs as turbo boost seems instant and the engine oil stays much cleaner. The ozbush fuel mapper tell the ecu the egr valve is working ok so no engine warning lights on dash board.

Looks great it will be interesting to see how much power and driveability is achieved with the larger volume inlet manifold and cooling air from the intercooler. To get more cooler purer oxygen in my engine I rooted the pcv to a catch can then down to a filter on the chassis leg just before the ac vent tube to vent to air,cut the plastic engine cover down to just cover the fins on the intercooler to protect them when I put tools on top of intercooler during maintenance, together with a blanking plate for the egr valve to stop hot exhaust fumes going back in the engine and a manual fuel mapper from a company in Australia called ozbush electronics , a K&N air filter, the results are a smoother, quieter and more power especially at lower revs as turbo boost seems instant and the engine oil stays much cleaner. The ozbush fuel mapper tell the ecu the egr valve is working ok so no engine warning lights on dash board.

Sounds promising there Tony yes I have a catch can I uninstalled prior in its location to make space in the engine bay & it's gonna be installed in a new location now again.

Yes I think it's gonna bring about the best possible power with the reduction in lag being helped by the top mount install rather than front mounted setup.

Gonna fit a turbo controller then get the hood cut and fit the scoop after that should complete the process.

Finally a tuneup will yield the true preformance gains looking forward with interest to that now as the engine is refurished new & not sure how much power increase it's gonna increase by.

Be interested in a few pictures of your setup if your kinda enough to share?

Thanks

Latest Today..... wow their really doing awesome job far better than I could of imagined :)

IMG_0504.JPG IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0506.JPG

It looks great Dervis like something out of them movies Fast and furious . I have have only just seen your reply to me I dont know how to send pictures I tried once but failed my kids came to see us on mothers day I could of got one of them to do it , but one of them is coming round very soon for me to do a oil and filter change on his car I will get him to do it for me, my kids are wizards on computers but always get me fix their cars or things in there homes. I am in the uk at the moment waiting for my house to be sold . I am doing it up when its sold I will be moving out to Larnaca.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It looks great Dervis like something out of them movies Fast and furious . I have have only just seen your reply to me I dont know how to send pictures I tried once but failed my kids came to see us on mothers day I could of got one of them to do it , but one of them is coming round very soon for me to do a oil and filter change on his car I will get him to do it for me, my kids are wizards on computers but always get me fix their cars or things in there homes. I am in the uk at the moment waiting for my house to be sold . I am doing it up when its sold I will be moving out to Larnaca.

No worries we're all learning with forever evolving technology. Best wishes with the sale Tony.

No worries we're all learning with forever evolving technology. Best wishes with the sale Tony.
Thanks sorry for late reply my wife demanded we went to IKEA as I replied only just got back
kind regards

Back