Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interesting 60 (stack of spares)

Mmmn, It wouldn't be so bad if the "spares" were relevant to the job in hand. I think the seller may be a member on here. He's local to me so if anyone wants me to view it if they are genuinely interested I can. Body panels are the Achilles heel with these, very hard to find but not impossible if you seek abroad. Theres a lot of work there if it needs ( v irtually impossible to get) sills as well. Looks expensive against the one I sold earlier this year with a no advise MOT and a rebuilt engine for £4.5K

I doubt if its just panel work thats needed Andy... Can of worms springs to mind.. Shame to see it at the Breakers Yard tho.... I like it.. Are you back to normal now? I must come and get that stuff...

Yep back to normal, call any weekend.
At that mileage its likely to need very little mechanically, Nicks 60 ( on the forum here) had done 100K more and hasn't been touched mechanically. It doesn't look unrestorable IMO but it is going to be far easier to restore that 80 you got.
It won't get to the breakers yard that one, it will be bought for restoration as restored ones are now beginning to fetch decent money. I wouldn't mind seeing the chassis though, the state of that would be the deal breaker.
I've had a 60 or two and there is something I like about the " retro- ness" of them ( if thats a word?), but compared with an 80 they are as rough as toast.

Bought my 60 off the same seller and was offered the green one for a grand extra at the time. The rear end is very poor underneath.
An off road 2 door tray back conversion would be fun

Bought my 60 off the same seller and was offered the green one for a grand extra at the time. The rear end is very poor underneath.
An off road 2 door tray back conversion would be fun

I thought there was something familiar about his Ebay name.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
At that mileage its likely to need very little mechanically, Nicks 60 ( on the forum here) had done 100K more and hasn't been touched mechanically. It doesn't look unrestorable IMO but it is going to be far easier to restore that 80 you got.
It won't get to the breakers yard that one, it will be bought for restoration as restored ones are now beginning to fetch decent money. I wouldn't mind seeing the chassis though, the state of that would be the deal breaker.
I've had a 60 or two and there is something I like about the " retro- ness" of them ( if thats a word?), but compared with an 80 they are as rough as toast.
Iv heard that said a lot about the 60 being Rough As.. but my old 60 was as comfy and smooth as can Be.. I do love the 60.. Miss my old Bus..

I think he’s a bit steep on his pricing, I would say £2k for that. You could easily sink 10k into that if your going to use new body panels, 20 to do a full resto

Last edited:
Get another one Higgy, only a few years and it will be free tax and no mot needed so costs will be minimal.
Agree with Moggy, but they are strong and durable and as you said great fun

Get another one Higgy, only a few years and it will be free tax and no mot needed so costs will be minimal.
Agree with Moggy, but they are strong and durable and as you said great fun

Yep, get another one Higgy, only a few years and it might be ready for paint:lol:

owning the 120 and the 80 is relieving me of my Finances and my Marriage... Another Toyota would be the last straw...:lol:

Back