Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interesting Build Thread

WOW - thats commitment!

The thread that this link takes you to is incredible.

It's 33 pages and since Ben posted, I've read every one of his posts, its like a good book, I couldn't put it down!

The guy is fantastic, in a very modest way, his skills are amazing and his drive and enthusiasm unstoppable, much like Ben!

I recommend anyone to read it all, page 32 is especially moving, but you need to have started from the beginning to understand the importance of it.

Ben, thanks mate, that's such a heartwarming thread, 100% enjoyment :thumbup:

Reactions: Ben
Awesome!

Glad you've enjoyed it as much as I have, I thought it was too good not to share.

I'm only at page 15 so far but I will finish it this week. :thumbup:

I may have to read further than my brief look so far. Some of my first childhood memories were of a dormobile. It broke down and I got scared. I was only 2! :) I've hated dormobiles since. Not that I've seen that many.

Thanks for posting that, a dedicated and skilful man. Lovely to see his dads face when they found his old Minor too. I had a couple of those Thames 15cwt vans, one petrol and the other with a Perkins diesel. The petrol one I was given (old band bus), died fairly quickly of multiple causes, the diesel I bought (£35 from memory), and after new big ends and pistons went on for many miles, but quick, quiet or comfortable it was not, the Transit was a major step forward !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Awesome!

Glad you've enjoyed it as much as I have, I thought it was too good not to share.

I'm only at page 15 so far but I will finish it this week. :thumbup:

You must continue reading it Ben, he's very much like you in the way he posts, it's interjected with other aspects of life that are important to him.

Take your time because he's not only doing a fantastic job on the dormobile, he's doing other amazing stuff in between!

Priceless!

It's one of those threads that's funny as you come across people who you know from other forums... seen at least one name I know from Volvos on there (Suterman).

Also recognising places they've got the pictures of... the pictures of the Punto towing the camper in town are on the way to Edinburgh from Delz' parents place.

Such a great thread. :thumbup:

I'm quite envious of his skills and projects! :shifty:

The knife and machete he made are stunning and the bin lorry for his nephew! Wow! Hes got to be the coolest uncle ever! :shock: :clap:

Havent got to the bit about his dads Morris yet, but obviously read about it earlier on in the thread. I've only got 3 pages left to read so I'm trying to ration it, its just too good! :icon-biggrin:

Such a great thread. :thumbup:

I'm quite envious of his skills and projects! :shifty:

The knife and machete he made are stunning and the bin lorry for his nephew! Wow! Hes got to be the coolest uncle ever! :shock: :clap:

Havent got to the bit about his dads Morris yet, but obviously read about it earlier on in the thread. I've only got 3 pages left to read so I'm trying to ration it, its just too good! :icon-biggrin:

I was desperate to post about those things Ben, but knowing you had only got to page 15 (at that time) I didn't want to spoil your read.

The guy's fantastic, such a lot of patience. How long do you imagine it took to polish the steel on the knife and machete? Even with power tools, you could see your face in that steel. Incredible!

Thanks mate. :thumbup:

I rekcon it must have taken him hours! :sleeping-sleep:

I love his can do attitude and the fact hes willing to give anything a try and learn new skills. :clap:

Imagine what he could make if he had more time, money and all the tools you could ever possibly need! :icon-cool:

I like the work hes been doing on the van, but I think I've enjoyed the trike, digger, motorbike, knives and garage projects more. :think:

OK
I like the work hes been doing on the van, but I think I've enjoyed the trike, digger, motorbike, knives and garage projects more. :think:

Now if he was working on a nice 40 series. ..

I think that might possibly be the only way the thread could get any better.

Back