Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interior dome

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Hi I have been frequently cleaning the contacts of my central dome light in the last year to maintain its functionality. Those who has done it will be aware of cleaning surface rust or built up of stuff on the terminals of the light switch or the little steel ball to allow the light to come back to live.

I am a bit fed up now and is looking for a replacement of the whole housing. I always feel like the 90 central dome light is a bit “small” for the size of the car, anyone has upgraded their middle dome? I mean to a bigger one from other series of landcruiser or Toyota? How is the wiring behind the housing looks like? Is it just a 12v supply? Would be great if I can fit those that has 2 side bulbs each for a passenger.
Thanks.

E.g. something like this:

Obviously I am not spending that sort of money for this but just an example of my line of thought.

Last edited:
Not 100% sure about the centre dome but I rebuilt the switch on my rear one and it has three connections, permanent 12v, permanent ground, and switched 12v door open.

I expect any dome light from a basic car with a on/off/auto switch would be fine assuming you are happy to change connectors etc.

Changing the tungsten festoon lamp for a quality LED one should also provide a lot more light.

Thanks all, will probably take off the housing first to check the wiring..

Back