Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
My box of pfran LED's arrived today:

IMAG0636.jpg

IMAG0637.jpg

I think with this lot fitted I might need to wear my shades when I open the door :mrgreen: I'll post how fitting went when they're in.

Jon,

What kits have you ordered, and what were the postage charges.

I have just sent him an email requesting a group buy for his reverse lights.

What was the cost of your Kit john?

I ordered the 'complete' 100 series kit plus the 100 series Cree reverse LED's. I also ordered a full kit of CV clamps while I was at it and the order was sent in two box's. I think postage was $30. First box with led's has arrived today direct i.e. no parcelfarce customs charges, hopefully the second box of clamps will as well (both marked as 'gift' and low value ;) ) I didn't price any of it individually, just gave him a list and said ok to the total :mrgreen: Keep in mind that by shipping in small low value 'gift' box's you should avoid import duties but if you buy a few sets in a bigger box you're more likely to end up getting a letter from parcelfarce demanding money.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting - I've been trying to get a set for my 120 from the guy on MUD who does them for the GX470s - same vehicle, basically. He also advertises on the Toyota 120 platforms forum. Not a lot of joy so far - but I'll persevere!

Be interested to see the results!

Paul (pfran) has a 120 as well, maybe it's worth asking if he can make up a suitable kit for you ;)

Those look just like the fleabay ones I have. 2 for a pound and free postage.

Sent from TapaTalk

The large ones look similar, the others look like proper cree leds, with circuit board so they'll not get stuffed up by voltage changes in the car like the big ones do. about half of the leds in mine have failed now - still its been nearly 2 years.

Jons car will be like Blackpool illuminations when he opens the doors!

These are probably middle of the road in terms of quality vs price and I almost never go the cheapest / lowest quality route ;)

And I see we have a new 100 series owner registered here today! So hopefully more lighting opportunities will arise!

Well they fit easy and are nice and bright! A lot of spares are supplied, almost enough to do a second 100 so if any do fail I'm good for a few years yet!

Howdy fellers!!! (Jeremy Clarkson impersonating an American from the South East)

I've lurked around this forum for the past couple of years but never joined seeing how A) I don't live in Europe and B) I'm not European (although I did live in Spain for 3 years as a child). That being said, I figured I might as well join your fine organization to enable a communication/support channel should this group decide they might want to try out the LEDs I have been offering on another well-known Toyota forum.

I don't have a lot to add right now as I am currently at my bread and butter job but I will be monitoring LED chat (as well as Jon's incredible drawer build) and will contribute to the technical discussion.

By the way, I own a 2002 UZJ100 and a 2004 GX 470 (which I believe is a Prado 120) so I can post pictures of bulb locations, etc to see if they match up with the models available to you.

Great forum you have here!

-Paul

Glad you're here Paul - sent you a pm on mud re some LEDs for my 120, hope you can help!

And welcome to the forum!

Gary

Gary Stockton said:
Glad you're here Paul - sent you a pm on mud re some LEDs for my 120, hope you can help!

And welcome to the forum!

Gary

Got it...I'll have to spend some time in the wife's 120 documenting what we have over here for bulb housings and get back to you. Should be able to knock this out by the weekend.

Hey Paul, I've sent you a pm regarding LED's for the 80 series :thumbup:

Back