Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Intermittent glowplug light.

Well how queer
Ive had this over the past couple of days
I don't have the relay under the battery; it's long gone
Anyway I've just chosen to ignore it

Exactly the same situation as mine.
The two tabs have been removed from the relay and the two wires which I assume are the signal have been too.
It runs fine but I really don't like lights on the dash, would love to know how to make it go away.

Not done it since
Who knows

19177BC2-739D-4936-9F2A-51C53830B3D5.jpeg
Searching for this relay , which I haven’t actually found yet , I came across this , so what it is it and what do I do now ?

There was two 15amp fuses in there somewhere that disintegrated .

I’m guessing this is a replacement relay and so i should be safe to cut and isolate each wire leading to it ?

E48EAE2B-436C-4CA2-A6D9-9E89BB4386F2.jpeg

Looks aftermarket to me Shayne. Possibly driving lights or such like. Worth picking them up and fixing them to the side of the battery box or something to keep them out of the damp.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That’s certainly not the OEM intake heater relay as shown in post No. 16. The heater draws 45>A. The one you’ve found looks like a generic aftermarket part you can get from most motor spares shops and are usually rated at 30A max.

hmm rains threatening and it will start going dark soon so i guess i will just cut the wires , put the battery back in a hope for the best . There's no spotlights or anything on my 80 , other than an egr delete its all standard i think .

Trace the wires out and if not in use, remove. If everything works they’re probably not needed but worth verifying first.

Back