Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Intervolt DCC Pro DC DC split charge system

Hoped to have something by now but so far, half way round the world in 2 days and stuck at Coventry for nearly a week. :angry-screaming:

All I can do is await the card through the door. As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know. Of course, as I'm away over the weekend, it'll arrive the day I leave and they'll all be returned to Oz by the time I get back due to the time elapsing!!:angry-screaming:

Hoped to have something by now but so far, half way round the world in 2 days and stuck at Coventry for nearly a week. :angry-screaming:

All I can do is await the card through the door. As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know. Of course, as I'm away over the weekend, it'll arrive the day I leave and they'll all be returned to Oz by the time I get back due to the time elapsing!!:angry-screaming:
sounds about right! If you want they can be delivered to my place and you can pick them up when your back

Thanks Andy, it's more a case of receiving and acting on the VAT and duty demand. Our neighbours will take any parcels in.

Thanks Andy, I will do and that's much appreciated. Sadly I'm not convinced there's much can be done other than to wait this out though I will be keeping tabs on it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok, got the customs paperwork through this morning.

Anyone know the inside leg measurement if a 3 year old duck?

Sitting or kneeling?

As I have some rare time of work at the moment I decided to do the prep work for when the unit arrives.
The battery and unit will be located in the passenger compartment.

I had some problems with my new alternator which it turned out was because the old one had an internal regulator, which this one doesn't. I got this fixed by the 'experts' at Prolek in Diss, who made a complete cock of the job. Where they drilled the bodywork to fit the reg they didn't rust protect it, didn't screw the cover back on the reg properly so it was loose, did shit cable runs with single insulated cable with no secondary protection flapping loose and chaffing. I did some remedial work immediately by putting what I could quickly access in heat shrink and using some bits of flexi conduit but much of it was still unprotected so I decided to take the bull by the horns and sort some of the rest of the cabling out as well.

As you can see, the existing cabling has turned into a bit of a birds nest. The cable thats covered in grey and brown heatshrink is one Prolek put in and runs back to a fuse in the main board by the steering wheel. As you can see, the routing leave a lot to be desired! It goes through the bulkead where the heater unit is located in the passenger foot well so to find the route through I used the yellow cable road in the pic

27545495_1732157493473255_2710650067552364335_n.jpg

Once that was established, I located the cable from the other side, it's just in a wee bit of flex that was used temporarilly after Prolek did their stuff. The remainder of the cable run was just that cable being strung against the heater ducts under the dash and cable tied into position, with no protection! Some way below amateur standards in my book.

27331831_1732157396806598_7407320710147797659_n.jpg

I have no idea what the 2 cables with the blue plug are for but I pulled them out so that later I can protect them better. No idea what the white plug was for, maybe the electric windows that are no longer installed.

Another example of the crap routing! There was already some damage to the insulation on this cable

27655350_1732157393473265_8478249407299672086_n.jpg

I disconnected the cable from the fuse board and cut all the cable ties, then pulled as much as I could back into the engine bay. I then taped the new cables to it. I don't know how many will be needed so I've run 3 27amp ones. The whole shebang was then sleeved in stretchy sleeving, then pushed into a piece of flex and pulled using the existing cable and pushed from the engine bay until it was through.

27336528_1732157390139932_7715834051099279843_n.jpg

27332502_1732157490139922_3861069048410034539_n.jpg

The conduit is now located behind the lower dash pad/heater bits, over the next couple of days it will be fixed in place and some other bits of tidying up done, pics to follow!!

Looking good Andy, much neater and far better protected.

Could those interested please put your names down on the following list by quoting this post and removing the quote marks.

1, Gary Giles
2, Lorin
3, Andy
4, Mojo
5, Rob from York

Another little bit of progress today. Our EORI code for VAT went live yesterday :dance: so Parcelforce/UPS has now moved the import onto the next stage. :clap: I'm expecting a bill through and once paid we should see the goods in a day or so. :icon-cool:

Having heard nothing for a week these are now at the Delivery depot…great? No, still waiting for the customs charge letter so looking like next week now. :angry-screaming:

Aaaand relax!
Customs charge letter in the post this morning. All paid, should be delivered tomorrow or at least that’s what they say.
:dance:

Back