Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Introducing Lilly Bird

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys,

Introducting my new ( to me ) hzj105 - Lilly Bird. Its done just a hint over 100k miles, a large part of those were in dry Africa. This is a 1hz engine, GX manual. Everything is factory stock, including the front and back heavy duty bumpers, Free wheeling hubs, and a centre diff lock, secondary fuel tank, aircon and tow bar. It does have after market electric windows, and a couple of spots on front.

Sold by Toyota Gib in 2001, to a UK resident doing project work out in Africa. Imported to the UK in 2005.

2016-05-12 13.02.30.jpg

The plan is to build this up into an overlanding, travel vehicle for the family, and it will become my DD.

And yes. It WILL fit in the garage. One way or the other.

Regards,

Very nice GOK, this is the one that was on autotrader recently wasn't it?

Nice buy KB.

I guess you upped the budget from when we were first talking about trucks with you.

Im sure you will enjoy it. A bit more power may be needed..... See how you go first.

Well done about time for pictures but you don't have to limit it to 1

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys,

@stumog I need to get some more pics; maybe this weekend.

regards

Aaah haaa, so the DVLA pulled their finger out then GOK. Well done. Now you have the weekend to play with it.

Pleased you went for it. Well done.

Looks really nice that, and with it only having the basics at least you've got less to worry about.

Nice buy man! Welcome to HD cruisers! Don't worry about the garage!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nice solid no frills truck there GOK, I'm very familiar with the performance of the 1HZ, but if you're not up front with the boy racers, you'll be ok with it.

Plenty of grunt in it when you need some torque though, and no pesky ECUs to speak of.

A very clean truck though, with a reliable history, I like it a lot :thumbup:

Superb!!! Another 105 in the club and in the UK, excellent. A great purchase, look after it and it'll look after you and just keep on cruising. The best of both worlds, the newer 100 series body with rugged simplistic and proven engineering. I look forward to having a nose. Enjoy your new toy and good luck with the project.

Nice looking truck. Going to be an excellent vehicle for over landing in. It's pretty much the same truck as ours and looks almost exactly the same as ours did before we converted it (teary eyed reminising...)

Why Lilly Bird?

N

Nice buy KB.

I guess you upped the budget from when we were first talking about trucks with you.

Im sure you will enjoy it. A bit more power may be needed..... See how you go first.

I did a couple of hundred miles yesterday, including crawling down the M1 for 18miles in 1st gear. Its not too bad. The engine pulls well and running a steady 70miles is easy. Let's see how it does when fully loaded up.

Definitely want to look at a bigger exhaust and getting more air into the system though.

Regards,

Nice buy man! Welcome to HD cruisers! Don't worry about the garage!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Getting this into the garage was a key requirement I was made to agree to before suiteable blessings were given by the wife. Unfortunately, 8 trips to the recycle yard and its still 50% full of stuff. Guess what I am doing all weekend? Hint: involves more trips to yard :)

Back