Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Introducing Lilly Bird

Passed. Couple of minor advisories... only one that might need attention is he thinks the brake pads are getting thin. I am not as sure, but it's the kinda things best addressed since the questions been raised.

Quiz of the week folks - Lilly Bird came with steel front and rear bumpers. Now, who can tell which company made the rear bumper ? Will talk about the front one down the road. Hint - yes, this looks exactly like the TJM bumper, down to the rubber/flexible bit on corner units, and the end swing-away-sockets, but there is not 'T' cutaway, and having spoken to TJM they say if there is no 'T' cut out, then its not a TJM bumper..... other than that, I really cant tell the difference. Trying to get details on what this is, so I can start looking at SwingAway spare carrier.

And some pics of the rear bumper in question.

20161224_135821.jpg 20161224_135831.jpg 20161224_135841.jpg 20161224_135859.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thruth be told, it may very well be genuine Toyo, even if the one in the parts catalouge looks (rather) different
The one on an 80 we had mid `90s was very similar looking. Alloy in the middle, steel etc
The cap on the outer end, is that a pivoting point for a spare wheel carrier?
In certain regions dealers do fit some interesting stuff to themprior to delivery...
Do You know how Yours was initially sold?

Maybe try contact Toyota Gibraltar as I think they supplied quiet a few to Africa, some of them already kitted out.

Sort of what I had in mind Dylan

Another company that was HUGE bach in the days where Kjær&Kjær and also IAPSO in Denmark.
We where sourcing from then in the `90s
They too boltes quite some kit onto their supplied vehicles

Hi guys, I have the original invoice and the shipping details. There is mention of front and rear steel bumpers on there, but I didn't think Toyota would do their own and would use something of the shelf.

Regards

Maybe try contact Toyota Gibraltar as I think they supplied quiet a few to Africa, some of them already kitted out.

Have a couple of emails through, guess we will hear back post holidays.

Thruth be told, it may very well be genuine Toyo, even if the one in the parts catalouge looks (rather) different
The one on an 80 we had mid `90s was very similar looking. Alloy in the middle, steel etc
The cap on the outer end, is that a pivoting point for a spare wheel carrier?
In certain regions dealers do fit some interesting stuff to themprior to delivery...
Do You know how Yours was initially sold?

The cap on both sides does cover a round hole all the way through. There is a matching hole on the lower steel side as well. I can only imagine it is for a swing away bracket - which is exactly what I am looking for. I was hoping if we can work out what bumper this is, would allow me to then speak with that vendor for parts and specifications.

Regards

So who sold & shipped it then?
TGB?

As for the swing away; You MAY be in luck & find the maker.
Personally I`d not hold my breath on You finding the swing away unit I am afraid. Unless it is from a well known company & You can source the swing away bit as a separa sparepart.
Most will gladly sell You a new & complete bumper....
Thats what I (& others) have concluded with anyway.

Making it & having it made may very well be the easiest choice...
Keep us posted please

Your bumpers are tjm KB. the swing outs are now not made anymore.

You would have to look at getting a spindle made for you.....

Hi guys, havent updated this thread in a while.

Am just back from a 50 mile run on the motorway. Going to give it a few minutes and drop the oil, change the filter and put in some of that tesco 10w40. Lilly bird has only ever had genuine Mr T oils + fillers in my ownership. The present oil load is 4500miles in. So well short of the 15k toyota rates their oil at.

The aim is to get the tesco oil going, give it 500 miles and repeat (might not change filter at 500 though). Then at another 500, drop that oil. Put in toyota oil, new filter. And see how it goes.

Planning on driving it a bit this week and then another change next weekend. Let's see what it's like then.

I have now started to use a chemical cleaning agent for the engine oil.
Its basically a flushing agent from "LubeGuard" that I throw into the oil, run the engine @ idle for up to 15 minutes. Then drain
It has worked wonders for me so far :)
Might do so for You guys too?

Back