Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ironman side rails and steps

Mike M

Country Flag
scotland
New mod to the 76 thanks to Paul at West coast.
Must sort out the rear bumper next lol

IMG_20200307_112640.jpg IMG_20200307_143338.jpg IMG_20200307_143351.jpg

Nice, I'm after the Iron Man side steps for my 79. How do you rate them?

Nice, I'm after the Iron Man side steps for my 79. How do you rate them?
They're proper solid bits of kit and I love the look of them against the white bodywork. The bush rail tubular are strong enough to stand on so I'm sure they will do their job.
The side steps are fairly easy to install , just make sure you get a jack under the chassis cross member as they share the same mounting bolts, the rails take abit of time to get right. I had a few cuts to get the length right for my bull bar.

They're proper solid bits of kit and I love the look of them against the white bodywork. The bush rail tubular are strong enough to stand on so I'm sure they will do their job.
The side steps are fairly easy to install , just make sure you get a jack under the chassis cross member as they share the same mounting bolts, the rails take abit of time to get right. I had a few cuts to get the length right for my bull bar.
Thanks Mike, it's only the side steps I'm after not the rails so no worries there.

I also like the glimpse of the Beatle in the background. I have had 7 Transporters and 3 Beatles in the past. :thumbup:

Cool cheers, This is my only beetle since 97 but it stays roadworthy. Spent some time late last year fitting an electric fuel pump, new fuel line , drop links and ball joints. Still to buy tyres for the new stock banded steels I bought . Fancied a change. It's a never ending project. 2008 I fitted a 2.0ltre stroker motor with 44idfs but still to re ratio the 1300 box. My dad and brother had plenty bugs and vans over the years.

Attachments

• IMG_20180610_162905.jpg
    IMG_20180610_162905.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 35
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
One of my Beatles I owned was when I lived in a 'Yellow Submarine', the sub was mored in 'Penny Lane', to get to it you had to go down a 'Long and winding Road', we had a 'Garden' on the dockside where we grew 'Octopuses' I had a lot of 'Help' 'from my friends', I used to say to them 'We Can Work it out', my wife's name was Lucy, so her nick name was 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds' and our neighbour was 'Eleanor Rigby'.

One of my Beatles I owned was when I lived in a 'Yellow Submarine', the sub was mored in 'Penny Lane', to get to it you had to go down a 'Long and winding Road', we had a 'Garden' on the dockside where we grew 'Octopuses' I had a lot of 'Help' 'from my friends', I used to say to them 'We Can Work it out', my wife's name was Lucy, so her nick name was 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds' and our neighbour was 'Eleanor Rigby'.
Help ! Were you ever a Day Tripper to Strawberry Fields ?

In a way, it'll a shame when this Lockdown's over, and the Land Cruiser Club and it's members return to normal.

Oppps, did I say 'Normal' out loud.

Back