Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is it still a 1936 morris?

Julian T

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
Came across this on fleabay, definitely fun but is it still considered to be what it started out as?

I'm not a great fan of rat rods but that's not your question.
The body shape, original or not, will always determine the vehicle so a 1936 Morris stays as is regardless of the engineering beneath it.
In the early 80s we needed a transporter to take show worthy cars and bikes around the European shows. We converted a Ford A series chassis - shortened at the front lengthened at the rear - fitted with a Cargo diesel (from Ford's Jet Truck) and ZF box plus adding a third axle and made it into an artic. We handbuilt a two/thirds size Peterbilt body with sleeper. DVLA wanted photos with the engineer's report and then they changed the make to Peterbilt even though it had a Ford A series Vin number.
Replica cars - e.g. 1932 model B - get registered as Model Bs - assuming all the paperwork is done correctly.
Body shape recognition determines the model.

Regards,
Rodger

It's a Rat Rod of a 1936 Morris and that's how he's selling it so I would say yes. As said above though, Rats just don't push my buttons I'm afraid.

Thanks guys, does seem rather a individual taste vehicle though, I personally prefer clean and shiny and rat rods are not really my thing, but I can appreciate that for some it's nice lol.

I'd rather see it restored as a Morris 8, but whatever floats yer boat...

Back