Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Isofix child seat points and seating capability

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I have a friend looking for a smaller cruiser with the ability to put two isofix child seats and one adult on the middle row of seats.

Specifically,

1, what models have the isofix points?
2, can two seats and one average adult fit together on the middle row?

Any info on this, and potentially the whereabouts of a suitable vehicle, much appreciated. :)

Not overly helpfull rich but ems 2010 rav four has isofix.

my 80 has a ratchet strap and bail cord.,

I used a ratchet strap in my 80 CG, didn't dare to post that until you did. I swear my fixing was far safer than many proprietary fixings I've seen... :lol:

I've no idea wat ISOFIX is, sounds like model-maker's glue to me... :lol:

Thanks CG, does the Rav have a third row of seats and does it seat the child seat where an adult would normally sit? To explain this, the Shogun he has, seats two child seats where three adults would normally sit, the left child seat straddling seats 1&2 and the right child seat straddling seats 2&3.

120's have isofix for rear seats, and you can squeeze a adult in, which is what I did occasionally do, however I would not do this for long trips... Bit uncomfortable for middle person

I used a ratchet strap in my 80 CG, didn't dare to post that until you did. I swear my fixing was far safer than many proprietary fixings I've seen... :lol:

Was that round Ana as well Clive…?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Yeah, you glue the child to the seat, works a treat..

I was only joking about the ratchet strap and bail cord, before someone reports me to some under funded government body..:icon-eek:

Yeah, you glue the child to the seat, works a treat..

I was only joking about the ratchet strap and bail cord, before someone reports me to some under funded government body..:icon-eek:

I wasn't joking about the ratchet strap... (I didn't have any bail chord).

I used to strap Ana's seat to the middle row seat back behind the driver, then I still had access to the third row from the kerb-side and room for 2 adults with her on the middle row.

Ana's seat belt was part of the seat Rich, although an extra ratchet strap round her was tempting when she got restless and rebellious, just before she grew too big for it. :lol:

Last edited:
I wasn't joking about the ratchet strap... (I didn't have any bail chord).

I used to strap Ana's seat to the middle row seat back behind the driver, then I still had access to the third row from the kerb-side and room for 2 adults with her on the middle row.

Ana's seat belt was part of the seat Rich, although an extra rear her strap round her was tempting when she got restless and rebellious, just before she grew too big for it. :lol:
I like it clive, and admit ive thought about it. Like you say the seat belt restraining doesnt seem brilliant.

I like it clive, and admit ive thought about it. Like you say the seat belt restraining doesnt seem brilliant.

Not at all, especially with inertia belts.the ratchet strap I used held the base of the child seat firmly into the angle of the seat back, and at the top to the headrest, but continuing down to the seat base again, threaded through the adult seat. No way for it to move.

Another shout out for the 120.

We often have 2 child seats and an adult between them. This of course gets easier with class 2 and 3 seats. But since isofix is being called out, I guess a 0 or 1 might be called for?

Thanks CG, does the Rav have a third row of seats and does it seat the child seat where an adult would normally sit? To explain this, the Shogun he has, seats two child seats where three adults would normally sit, the left child seat straddling seats 1&2 and the right child seat straddling seats 2&3.
No third row on a rav. Yes the two isofix seats would be where the adults sit. There is "room" in the middle for an adult but i wouldnt fit there, thats if i even managed to clamber over one of the child seats to get there in the first place..

Another shout out for the 120.

We often have 2 child seats and an adult between them. This of course gets easier with class 2 and 3 seats. But since isofix is being called out, I guess a 0 or 1 might be called for?
I can't pretend to understand what 0,1,2, 3 etc. means, so can you enlighten me KB? I have no idea what seats he has so armed with this new (minimal) knowledge I shall ask.

Thanks for all the input people. :)
Once I mentioned ratchet straps I think my pal decided it was now a possibility to change seats rather than change vehicle. As he's just bought it (and thought he would have to sell it again as the seats were a deal breaker) this seems like a good idea.

I can't pretend to understand what 0,1,2, 3 etc. means, so can you enlighten me KB? I have no idea what seats he has so armed with this new (minimal) knowledge I shall ask.

A 0 or 0+ would be rear facing, suitable upto baby being 8kg, 1 is upto 18kg mostly forward facing. 2 and 3 are only forward facing and go upto when the cold just needs a booster for height.

Size 0 and 1 seats tend to be, an you can imagine, quite voluminous. And don't leave a lot of space between them for the adult to fit in.

A 0 or 0+ would be rear facing, suitable upto baby being 8kg, 1 is upto 18kg mostly forward facing. 2 and 3 are only forward facing and go upto when the cold just needs a booster for height.

Size 0 and 1 seats tend to be, an you can imagine, quite voluminous. And don't leave a lot of space between them for the adult to fit in.
Ah, ok, got it, thanks that makes sense.

Back