Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It is with great regret.

When they first came out I told my Mum when she kicked the bucket I would buy a Jag E-Type with the insurance money, well an E Type is beyond my dreams so I'm going to get its descendant an F-Type.
View attachment 154695

Very Nice Chas. the one i went out in was the 5.o supercharged, the switchable exhaust, pops and bangs lovely. bloody quick too.

Last edited:
Very Nice Chas. the one i went out in was the 5.o supercharged, the switchable exhaust, pops and bangs lovely. bloody quick too.
Yeah the 5ltr does 0-60 in 3.3 secs the one I'm getting is the 3ltr takes 4.8 secs! What does the switchable exhaust do? does it make it straight through?

Sorry to hear the Chas. Hope the health problems clear up soon.

Nice F-type!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chas you have created a lot of awesome memories with the pheonix, you have done adventures I dream of doing one day!! - GOOD ON YA!!!!!!!
I can only hope I will get a transplant then I can start all over again.

RLS.jpg

Yeah the 5ltr does 0-60 in 3.3 secs the one I'm getting is the 3ltr takes 4.8 secs! What does the switchable exhaust do? does it make it straight through?

Yeah it pretty much opens a valve on the exhaust and makes it straight through. you do get some looks going through the high street. :tearsofjoy:

Sorry to hear about your health Chas. I would like you to have a long think about the Jag. You had trouble keeping a 4WD with less than 200hp on the road, what chance do you stand in a 380hp RWD?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your health Chas. I would like you to have a long think about the Jag. You had trouble keeping a 4WD with less than 200hp on the road, what chance do you stand in a 300+hp RWD?
I was wondering how long it would take you to comment, I've thought for many years about getting a Jaguar and I have had much more powerful cars than the Cruiser and managed to keep them on-road (it's the slow ones that are the problem) so don't you worry about me. :eusa-naughty:

I'm just trying to be a voice of reason. I've lost count of the number of crashes you have had in the past few years. Your luck is not going to last for ever and sooner or later someone is going to get hurt.

I'm just trying to be a voice of reason. I've lost count of the number of crashes you have had in the past few years. Your luck is not going to last for ever and sooner or later someone is going to get hurt.
Well in the past few years I can only recall three Ian, one garage wall and one motorway barrier and one where I was hit from behind which you can hardly blame me for that.
There has also been a couple of nudges while parking, you can hardly count those as accidents and of course the various damage from off roading, but most of us have those from time to time.

Off road ones don't count, unless you started on the road lol. The one just after your respray, the one where you ended up stuck on top of a bollard and I might have this wrong but did you not rear end Shayne on the way to Clives?

Edit - Sorry, Shayne rear ended you. My mistake.

Last edited:
Chas, wishing you many many years of driving dream vehicles. One dream swaps out for another.

Chas, wishing you many many years of driving dream vehicles. One dream swaps out for another.
Thank you GoK, lets hope the dream doesn't turn into a nightmare!

Back