Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It is with great regret.

P.S. Can they just take the money out of your account?
They could Frank, but I have contacted my bank and stopped all payments to eBay and PayPal so no money will leave my account without my say so.

The sellers fee was based on the asking price, eBay say that because I supplied contact details to a prospective buyer and then withdrew the truck from sale in their eyes it was sold.
Even if I relisted the truck again to prove it hadn't been sold the penalty would still apply because the penalty was for supplying contact information, not actually selling off eBay.

So they are threatening you with court and bailiffs ........... on an assumption .

Intimidating pensioners for a easy money , Oh a judge would love that :lol:

It only gets serious when you receive the court papers. Up until then it costs you nothing to refuse. Upon receipt of the papers it's decision time. You will have a certain time after that to pay and at that stage it would only be the original amount. Only a court can force you to pay money. Bailiffs have to be instructed by a court and cannot act until a decision about a debt has been made by the court. Debt collectors do not need instructions but they have no powers at all. All they can do is contact you and try and convince you to pay. They can issue threats, that's all, as they are standing in the same shoes as the original claimant.

So they are threatening you with court and bailiffs ........... on an assumption .

Intimidating pensioners for a easy money , Oh a judge would love that :lol:
They haven't yet Shayne but it has been implied.

Verbal ain't worth the paper it is written on so email them saying because you find their verbal intimidation upsetting you will block their telephone number and insist all future correspondence be in writing to your personal email so it can be printed off and presented as court evidence .

It's not lawyers your talking to just people who couldn't get any other job .

Ha Ha Ha Shayne that's so true. Npower are persueing me for electricity charges on a derelict site I own. No power used just estimated readings. I wrote a letter of explanation and complaint and heard nothing for months. I sent several reminders but nothing so I've referred the matter to the Ombudsman. A few days ago an Npower "complaint handler" phoned me to try and sort it. Trouble is he only had the last letter and could not find the others so he knew nothing of the situation.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
But he will parrot everything all the other people said Frank because like them he is reading from a script .

Yep, intimidation seems to be the name of the game. Years ago, I rented a video recorder from Radio Rentals. It didn’t work properly so I took it back and they gave me another one which also turned out to be duff. I went back to the shop, told them that I wasn’t going to bother with them any more and gave them back the machine. Several bills arrived and I wrote back and told them that I wasn’t paying for something that didn’t work properly. I didn’t hear any more until one day, while I was up a ladder painting the outside of the house, a grey Sierra appeared with 3 rather heavy looking gents in it, all glaring at me. The driver got out and demanded payment on behalf of Radio Rentals. I explained the situation, told him I wasn’t going to pay anything, the other 2 gents climbed out of the car in a rather menacing way. I stood my ground, one of my dogs began to growl, the other dogs joined in, the men got back in their car and left. Never heard any more.

Chas, have you read the eBay agreement? Do you disagree with eBay's assertion that you violated a specific stanza there? That's the but you will need to clarify.

Perhaps that specific stanza being enforced is being misread.... Or not applicable at all.. etc etc

Had a landlord once who on being given notice i was leaving expected me to pay rent despite my being a month in advance turn up at my door all cocky with a jailbird body builder .

One i'd had a fall out with while a prisoner myself :lol:

He was so polite after i asked the con "what the f**k do you want" and he took 3 steps back and stared at his feet :laughing-rolling:

The qualified people only get involved when things turn professional. That's when things get sorted properly. Against or for you, but at least you can rest assured it's been done properly and they ain't got away with murder.

I'm most fortunate as one on my friends I went to school with in late 50's is a retired lawyer and he just laughs when I go to him with problems. He has a lifetime of experience. He doesn't swallow bullshit very quickly.

Glad you've got the Welsh fighting spirit Shayne. Just like my mum who was born in Amanford. She used to shout and swear in Welsh so as not to embarrass our neighbours in England.

Im no legal expert but, watching the debt collection programs on TV, getting bailiffs or High Court Sherriffs involved isnt a quick process and you’ll get plenty of warnings and oppertunities to argue your case. On the other hand, private debt collectors could be seen as a first and quicker option and no disrespect to Chas, someone of his advanced years could find this much more intimidating than a younger person. I’d be very surprised if a Co. like Ebay took the latter choice though.

I'm Manx mate , this is the anthem i sit down to ;)

https://www.manxmusic.com/media/Learn Songs/Manx National Anthem edited one vers.mp3

O land of our birth,
O gem of God's earth,
O Island so strong and so fair;
Built firm as Barrule,
Thy Throne of Home Rule
Makes us free as thy sweet mountain air.
When Orry, the Dane,
In Mannin did reign,

'Twas said he had come from above;
For wisdom from Heav'n
To him had been giv'n
To rule us with justice and love.
Our fathers have told
How Saints came of old,
Proclaiming the Gospel of Peace;
That sinful desires,
Like false Baal fires,
Must die ere our troubles can cease.
Ye sons of the soil,
In hardship and toil,
That plough both the land and the sea,
Take heart while you can,
And think of the Man
Who toiled by the Lake Galilee.

Maybe this is why i see so clearly how Island mentality plays a huge though largely ignored part in the Brexit debate .

Oddly the Manx motto is latin Quocunque Jeceris Stabit which is generally accepted to mean whichever way you throw me i will stand .

So if you had of listed as a classified add, it would of cost you a total of £19.99 and you can put a contact telephone number in that add.

but listing it as an auction, they feel, because you exchanged your phone number they can charge you £200+
that is a complete con.

One of the reasons i try not to use Ebay to sell anymore.

I would also wait until the courts are involved. but be bevery careful you dont end up with extra charges.

I fell out with a phone company years back, they put debt collecters onto it. but i did have the fortunate position of moving in between so all they had was my phone number. in the end i paid half of the bill to end the case.

Back