Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It's the small jobs...

Bernese

Country Flag
england
That also make a little difference to me and as I have a list of much bigger jobs to do on the 80 I set about the grille, indicator, headlight plastic trims, headlight washers which were cracked or broken I swapped out the broken bits and replaced the washer unit which work now. Also sorted the rear sliding Windows which were stuck solid and cleaned the engine bay up a bit ... Well at least it put a smile on my face ...:)

PS: I'll paint the grille when I sort the bodywork next year lol...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That's looking rather tidy Bernese...

Putting mine to shame a bit, if I was to take the same photo shots, which I'm not going to do... :whistle:

Big job replaceing headlight washer any tips?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Big job replaceing headlight washer any tips?

No that difficult Lexie basic tools 10mm socket, extension bar, ratchet and screwdriver... remove headlight, sidelight and indicator. The washer is simply screwed to the headlight base and the spray hose held via a spring clip.... the only issue are the screws holding the spray unit to the headlight frame which sometimes rust in place but a simple pilot (used carefully) drill will remove them fairly easily.

Note..
The side light is one screw on a tab which is obvious when you see it, it's located in plain sight and once out the side light will pop out if you grip it with you fingers and a light tug towards you.

Remember to remove three pin plugs in the back of the headlight bulbs and the headlight unit falls forward so be prepared for that... total time to replace taking care under 30 mins..

I think there may be different fittings, 'cos I replaced my headlight units and the headlamp washers are attached to the trim section underneath the lamp lense, not attached to the lamp body. :think:

Maybe my poor description Clive, I have a pic somewhere that shows the trim section you refer to... I replaced the full trim section you refer to which includes the black jet...

Mines rotted off aswell need to find a replacement now. Thanks for the help bernese

I picked this second-hand part up today as the other side on mine is wonky and undoubtedly will fall off sometime soon...
20171015_215357.jpg
20171015_215411.jpg

Those are the chappies, sorry if I misunderstood...

I've got one where the black cover plastic retainers are broken, so the cover moves around a lot. The jets work though, and I have some spare covers for both sides, iirc....

Looking good - where did you source these from?

Aha excellent. I need a left hand side one of these too.

Back