J90 D4D - Mounting an inclinometer

Boian Nov 30, 2018

1. Boian

Boian New Member I am in bulgaria

Map
    Hi guys, I have a quick question if anyone has tried to mount an inclinometer/compass unit on a 90 Cruiser without one. My mod is 2001 VX 300 TDI / D4D engine. So..should i do anything else then power the unit /somehow/ if it fits the dashboard design? I found one really cheap.. :)

Thanks!

Screenshot 2018-11-30 at 20.56.03.png

2. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    I fitted one years ago. In order to get the temperature gauge to work, you'll need the temp probe which plugs in behind the left hand headlamp IIRC. The rest is built into the unit itself and on mine, just plugged in. I think I still have the lead somewhere.

3. Boian

Boian New Member I am in bulgaria

Map
    Super cool! Did you mount it directly on the dashboard with screws? And also how did you get to power it?
    I'll make a tutorial for the forum when I complete the exercise and of course will give you credit for the info :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Yes, I mounted it on the dash. The contour of the unit sort of dictated where it sat. It came with a bracket that went inside the dash so that the screws had something to grip on but you could use a modern adhesive I guess.

5. TALAMAN

TALAMAN Well-Known Member I am in cyprus

Map
    Nice idea Boian I was thinking about doing the same!

6. Beau

Beau Well-Known Member I am in guyana

Map
    As chris said, the wiring is already there for it which is handy! Just plug and play, alongside getting hold of that temp sensor.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter