Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Joe Rogans 80 restoration YouTube

mussy

Joe Rogan the famous podcaster and UFC commentator has had an 80!rebuilt for him.

Looks like nice work done.. His hobbies are hunting and trekking etc...

Did I understand right ? At the end he says 3,000 hours of work. @£50/hour that’s £150,000 !! Just Time. Not taking account of cost of parts. Am I missing something ?

Did I understand right ? At the end he says 3,000 hours of work. @£50/hour that’s £150,000 !! Just Time. Not taking account of cost of parts. Am I missing something ?

Yep and there’s that supercharged V8 crate engine.....

Damn that's puuurdy. Don't like the leather around the grab handles but that's about it.

I enjoyed watching that. Amazing the level of detail that they went into restoring it. But honestly I don't like it. It feels more like a Range Rover than a Land Cruiser. It's all just a bit too tidy. Personally I like things a bit more rough around the edges.

That engine doesn't look out of place at all, nice job of it, a modernized 80.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
With 500 bhp at flywheel of an 80 = heading straight for the scene of the accident at the first bend.

blimey.
id love that.
360 at the wheels frank.

Id like to know the total build cost

3000 hours probably about right. Used to take me 1500 hours to do the same standard on a much simpler car.

I'd be worried about the tranny in low ratio. 500 hp would wreck it unless you were very careful.

I had a car with a carb 500 hp engine. It would spin the 13 inch wide tyres at the rear. The factory took me for a test drive in their show car. A bit frightening with 130 mph down a side road in about 14 seconds from a start.

Back