Jump Start advice

Shayne

Supporter
Guru
Feb 2, 2013
South Wales UK
Wish i could find another set of free gift from a petrol station 10 or more years ago jump leads , jaws are only big enough but strong and shaped to grip the battery post and the cable is light enough that the whole lot packs away into a bag that might fit in the poachers pockets of a wax jacket . 12 volt is 12 volt and who cares if they are only going to be used once in a blue moon , the set i have is always stowed away forgotten in the wrong truck when a friend has starting problems :confusion-shrug:

J

jibberjabber

I haven't had a vehicle with two batteries before and so was looking for advice about the connections for jump leads as I don't want to fry anything. I'm also looking to buy a suitable set of jump leads so any recommendations would be appreciated.
Sorry Hutton, seams I may have confused the issue, but as per your first post I was trying to put in 'Laymans' terms as to why there are two battries on a 12 volt car and how to connect jump leads on a dual battery system.

So, I apologise again for any confusion, and hope you get it sorted from all the other excellent advice given.

Good Luck,

JJ.

Reactions: Hutton
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks