Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jurgens Oryx Off Road Caravan - eBay UK

I really like the look and proportions of those. Not saying it’s not worth it but that looks like a pretty basic configuration/equipment list for £10k+. It’ll be interesting to see if it sells.

hi

I kinda like it because it will sleep 1 person without having to open anything.

Nice looking but a little expensive I think. Good if there's just 2 of you though, the pull out bed makes it so much more spacious compared to just the trailer footprint, plus you don't get the setup of the beds each night.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Kinda looks pricy compared to a larger lightweight trailer camping design.
Been newly on my list to move towards a trailer most likely a teardrop design now of some kind for the near future. The one on eBay looks kinda small with a lot to plan out for not much gain compared to a teardrop type design to me.

Quite like this design.

I seem to recall that the Jurgens off road caravans went through a period of bad build quality and were prone to losing wheels and hubs due to axle failure, I may be wrong and it does look like a nice bit of kit.
I have long fancied a Conqueror, I think they were one of the founding companies for that type of caravan in South Africa.

From a practical point of view that Jurgen ticks every box for me , shame it just looks like a box on wheels while being towed . If the price was right maybe adding some exterior lockers would make it look the part , something like this

HTB1RLJtG1GSBuNjSspbq6AiipXaV.jpg

As far as i can tell they have been producing these for nigh on 20 years , I wonder if you could unbolt it from the chassis and drop it on a sankey trailer .

Back