Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just a cool FJ-40

Michael Eck

Country Flag
united_states
Hello ALL,

Here it is...just trailered it back from Oklahoma to Chicago. Not sure what to do with it. Belonged to my wife's dad and now we have it. Pretty cool though...looks like some of the mods are a "W' winch in front, built in air compressor(not sure if that is standard), it's been converted to automatic(which I understand is rare) with hub locks, and it looks like a Chevy small block v8 was dropped in with an Edelbrock carb, glass packs, and headers...sounds bad a**. I only dove it for a few miles prior to loading it up and over 35mph gave me the front end wobbles.

Seems more like it needs a ranch home and living in Chicago were not sure if we wanna put in the love it's gonna need.

Just thought I would share it with some enthusiasts before it's gone.

GetFileAttachment
Land Cruiser.jpg

Car 1.jpg
Car 2.jpg
Car 3.jpg
Car 4.jpg

Last edited:
Just realised, Welcome to the forum. That’s a great truck for somebody as it looks pretty much rust free. That winch is a Warn by the way and one that is old style but used a lot by anyone from 4x4 drivers that know their stuff to competition vehicles.

Have a search on here for ‘Death Wobble’. That might help you with your steering.

Best wishes and good luck with it. Have you considered keeping it?

Rich

Just realised, Welcome to the forum. That’s a great truck for somebody as it looks pretty much rust free. That winch is a Warn by the way and one that is old style but used a lot by anyone from 4x4 drivers that know their stuff to competition vehicles.

Have a search on here for ‘Death Wobble’. That might help you with your steering.

Best wishes and good luck with it. Have you considered keeping it?

Rich
Thanks Rich...you guys/gals have some fun stuff going on over here. Thanks for the info. I’ll be looking more into it!

Back