Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just a little lower ball joint reminder for everyone...!

My truck never needed towing! As I recall the problem was it just wanted to keep on going.

I had such a bad creaking/groaning noise the other day the the 95 went to the garage on a breakdown truck.Also i hadnt driven it much on the lanes for a month or so & thought it was a little loose in the corners & assumed it was the IFS suspension bushes.It turns out that a track rod end is shot & the drop links on the front anti roll bare are shot.
But ive had my own dramas with a lower ball joint letting go.In my case there wasn't any noise or play as the joint was seized. perhaps a sticky on the 90 forum would be a good idea? IMAG0160.jpg

My truck never needed towing! As I recall the problem was it just wanted to keep on going.

Fair play some bush mechanics from a guy that used to work at Landrover got your 80 home , no shame in that ........... is there :lol:

Fair play some bush mechanics from a guy that used to work at Landrover got your 80 home , no shame in that ........... is there :lol:
You're on form today Shayne. Still, if there's ever need for 12 calender shots of a 90 with its bonnet open in dramatic surroundings...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And i haven't driven The Beast since , still trying to convince myself it was the right thing to do :confusion-shrug:

On the bright side i've grown more attached to Helen's 1KD90 as consequence :confusion-seeingst:

I suspect there’s a reason Toyota put an IFS Hilux into the Dakar and not a Landcruiser anymore
As mentioned above here, it's only a problem on the medium duty cruisers. The HD cruisers have the lower ball joint the right way around.

Back