Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

just bought my first cruiser

thanks mate
bloody brilliant
can i get your thoughts on when i change my oil whether i should send some to get lab tested to see what they can tell me about how my engine is going. i know it sounds wanky but when it comes to good technological advances - this sounds like a winner - is it a waste of time or will it give me good insight into how my engine is performing and what i need to do to improve performance and increase longevity

would appreciate your thoughts

thanks

I've seen similar questions before, and my stock answer is: what are you going to do with the info? If it comes back peachy keen, great, if it comes back showing some wear, etc... would it really change how you treat the motor? You'd still do decent oil changes etc, and if its running okay most people wouldn't consider ripping down a motor unless its looking pretty terminal. So, as I say, what will you do different with the info?

I've seen similar questions before, and my stock answer is: what are you going to do with the info? If it comes back peachy keen, great, if it comes back showing some wear, etc... would it really change how you treat the motor? You'd still do decent oil changes etc, and if its running okay most people wouldn't consider ripping down a motor unless its looking pretty terminal. So, as I say, what will you do different with the info?
Exactly what I was thinking, hence saying it maybe needs to be over several changes to get a picture.

For me, the peace of mind comes from knowing that there’s guys that've driven 500,000 Km, done a rebuild because they could and found the bores still within factory spec. It’s even simpler than that, the 80 series is one of the most reliable vehicles ever made.
It’s your choice but for me there’s better things to spend the money on.

fair call
no point really
thanks

Exactly what I was thinking, hence saying it maybe needs to be over several changes to get a picture.

For me, the peace of mind comes from knowing that there’s guys that've driven 500,000 Km, done a rebuild because they could and found the bores still within factory spec. It’s even simpler than that, the 80 series is one of the most reliable vehicles ever made.
It’s your choice but for me there’s better things to spend the money on.

thanks also
agree totally now that you have both talked sense into me
thanks again

Back