Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just joined the club with a cruiser! (Again)

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Tomorrow I will be going to view an 80 series Cruiser, and hopefully rejoining the 80 club, it will be my forth one, it's a'97 petrol same colour as the phoenix, red, before respray green, pictures look very good, remindrs of what I should look for are welcome chaps.

red.jpg

Last edited:
Please excuse highjacking of thread, tomorrow I will be going to view an 80 series Cruiser, and hopefully rejoining the 80 club, it will be my forth one, it's a'97 petrol same colour as the phoenix, red, before respray green, pictures look very good, remindrs of what I should look for are welcome chaps.

View attachment 161985
Rust Chas. Front arches front of wings rear cills and behind rear bumpers. Also worthy of note on petrol trucks they don't do particularly well on lpg if not used with flashlube or similar. Burned valves and check for head gasket issues.

Rust Chas. Front arches front of wings rear cills and behind rear bumpers. Also worthy of note on petrol trucks they don't do particularly well on lpg if not used with flashlube or similar. Burned valves and check for head gasket issues.
Thanks Gav, I'm making a list of checks to take with me later today.

Cracking Looking Truck Chas! ...But Petrol? Noooo! Go Diesel Mate Go Diesel.. Gav's right if its been on Gas, Could be Nowt but Trouble..... Thread Jack Over. Sorry Steve

Cracking Looking Truck Chas! ...But Petrol? Noooo! Go Diesel Mate Go Diesel.. Gav's right if its been on Gas, Could be Nowt but Trouble..... Thread Jack Over. Sorry Steve
No worries at all mate, don’t mind seeing a nice looking Truck like that pop up. I’d agree though, diesel! one of my previous trucks was the grand Cherokee overland V8 beast, lpg conversion and gave no bother in the time I had with it.....the bloke who took it’s said it started giving him a fair bit of bother

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
YES petrol, diesel will be banned before too long and I am on the edge of the London LPZ at the moment, I thinl if Khan gets his way it will be extended before too long.

Maybe right Chas, Forgot that you live down in that there London!.. You could sell your Mansion and move to a nice quiet place out in the Sticks..:lol:
I’m hoping the diesel ban won’t affect me any time soon at least haha out in the sticks so no one will ever know haha

YES petrol, diesel will be banned before too long and I am on the edge of the London LPZ at the moment, I thinl if Khan gets his way it will be extended before too long.
So Chas any updates??? Is the wallet any lighter this aftenoon?

Hi and welcome good cruiser and r you back in ac ruiser Chas .

So Chas any updates??? Is the wallet any lighter this aftenoon?
It has just been pointed out to me that the Cruiser I was viewing IS liable for ULEZ charges, so I think I'll have to think it out again!"

It has just been pointed out to me that the Cruiser I was viewing IS liable for ULEZ charges, so I think I'll have to think it out again!"
Mate that's a blow. Looked a nice truck. What about a petrol 100 series? Are they exempt or not

Diesel Chas Diesel!... its all a bit of a myth Chas! and scaremongering, They will never actually ban Diesels from the City.. Its just that you will have to start paying More, Weather its Diesel/ A big petrol/ Or a ride on Lawn Mower, One way or another you will have to pay. "One day they will find a way to Charge even Electric Cars".. (Did you see what i did there)...:lol:...Sorry Chas I had a tooth out Yesterday, My brain is still Flooded with Novacaine.... Are vehicles that are Tax and MOT Exempt (Classics) still Exempt from Charges and LEZ Nonsense ? What about an old 40 Series with Classic Status?

Last edited:
Diesel Chas Diesel!... its all a bit of a myth Chas! and scaremongering, They will never actually ban Diesels from the City.. Its just that you will have to start paying More, Weather its Diesel/ A big petrol/ Or a ride on Lawn Mower, One way or another you will have to pay. "One day they will find a way to Charge even Electric Cars".. (Did you see what i did there)...:lol:...Sorry Chas I had a tooth out Yesterday, My brain is still Flooded with Novacaine.... Are vehicles that are Tax and MOT Exempt (Classics) still Exempt from Charges and LEZ Nonsense ? What about an old 40 Series with Classic Status?
I decided against the 80, as good as it was, I've never seen one in such good condition. I have found a 100 import that fits the bill, with I think diff locks, I will view next week. :pray:
Diesels will be banned Higgy, Bristol have already said from 2021 no more diesels, I think other towns will follow.
You are right about costs increasing I've been saying from the beginning it wont be long before they find a way to fleece electrics
Sad about the tooth. :icon-sad:
Can anyone identify the button below the crash flash switch?

Diff2.jpg

Last edited:
I decided against the 80, as good as it was, I've never seen one in such good condition. I have found a 100 import that fits the bill, with I think diff locks, I will view next week. :pray:
Diesels will be banned Higgy, Bristol have already said from 2021 no more diesels, I think other towns will follow.
You are right about costs increasing I've been saying from the beginning it wont be long before they find a way to fleece electrics
Sad about the tooth. :icon-sad:
Can anyone identify the button below the crash flash switch?

View attachment 162017
It's centre diff lock Chas

It's centre diff lock Chas
100 series only has centre and rear lockers. Think the 100 will do you well mate. Just looked at the picture and that doesn't have a rear locker. I assume it will be lsd as on import 80 s.

100 series only has centre and rear lockers. Think the 100 will do you well mate. Just looked at the picture and that doesn't have a rear locker. I assume it will be lsd as on import 80 s.
This is from the outside Gav

100.jpg

Very Swish Chas, Glad you got something sorted..

Back