Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just running biodiesel

Dan88

Garage
Hi, there is a supplier local to me that sells biodiesel
£1.20 with duty
£1 without duty
Which sounds good! I have a Land Cruiser Colorado 3.0TD (2000 plate), can I run it on biodiesel straight or am I better to mix with normal diesel?
There is a lot of info about veg oil, just not that much about biodiesel...

Bio-diesel should run, no problem.

Bio diesel is a much cleaner fuel and will clean your entire fuel system so after a few thousand miles it would be a good idea to change your fuel filter.

Are there any adverse effects with using biodiesel, more engine wear? or less performance?

Theres someone in Halifax that sells it for £1.05 per litre and its made to the relevant EN standard but you have to put it into your own car yourself. My quesiton is this cheaper bio-diesel without the pump duty exactly the same biodiesel stuff that you get from places like Esso etc. I would hate to be dipped and fined because they know the duty hasn't been paid.
Does the correctly taxed version differ? At £1.05 per litre its almost as cheap as using neat veg oil.
Does the biodiesel stink like veg oil ? How does it affect the emmisions?

In answer to your post above you could fit a small inline filter to catch the crap to avoid changing your main filter.

THe inline filters are around 50p each.

I dont run on veg oil but I change the inline filter every 4 weeks as these old motors have a lot of cack in the tanks.

Back