flint Jun 11, 2018

1. flint

flint Well-Known Member Supporter I am in great_britain

Map
  2. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    Incredible to think folks would attempt to walk it. I’d want recovery gear set up front and rear, and stowed on the roof before entering.

I can get out of a side widow and onto the roof ready to chuck a rope to someone, otherwise I’d stay put.

flint likes this.
  3. flint

flint Well-Known Member Supporter I am in great_britain

Map
    Quite agree, sadly a few Cruisers involved there. One bit that made me smile was someone offering the crocs a sausage.....I think they'd probably much rather enjoy the salami holding it. :)

4. grantw

grantw Well-Known Member Supporter

Map
    It looks like a friend was at that crossing recently

F32537F7-980C-49AF-B113-75B4C356769B.png

5. clivehorridge

Garage:
    Map
    ...and trucks just left abandoned in the river?....

6. grantw

Map
    It looks that way - I have no idea on the status of those or who owns them. Given how low the water level is in the photo they must have been there for a little while at least.

7. clivehorridge

Garage:
    Map
    ...and easily recoverable with the water so low...

8. grantw

Map
    clivehorridge likes this.
  9. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    Familiarity breeds contempt , the locals have likely crossed it weekly since they were kids , police included , same as that accident black spot sign you drive past twice every day to and from work without ever giving it a moments thought .

Pat and clivehorridge like this.
  10. moggy1968

moggy1968 Well-Known Member

Map
    Crocs are smart, they know now his is the dinner table and will stake it out. It’s history of croc attacks makes it very very dangerous because now the crocs know

clivehorridge likes this.
  11. Dave_S

Dave_S Well-Known Member

Map
    I've done a few river crossings in Queensland - the biggest surprise for me has been the speed that water rises in the event of rain - a dry crossing can become a raging torrent in a matter of a couple of hours, totally impassable. We nearly screwed up and lost a rental van because of this. Crocodiles aren't at all smart, but they are excellent predators and will follow their instincts. Freshies aren't generally an issue, but Salties (estuarine crocs) are bad ass bastards and need a wide birth. I love Australia :)

12. moggy1968

moggy1968 Well-Known Member

Map
    They're pretty much the only survivors of the dinosaur era, so they aint done too bad. I'm no expert on crocs but my understanding is if you go to the water 2 days in a row to fill your containers, the croc will remember and be waiting for you

13. grantw

Map
    I think bit of a wives tail that one - you never go near the water to fill the water bottle when there are salt water crocs about.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter