Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Key fob advice

garygiles1963

Hi

I have stupidly manage to loose 2 of my 3 key fobs for the LC.

I would appreciate advice on the cheapest way of getting these replaced?

Thanks

Gary Giles

The expensive bit is the transmitter inside the key. It's part number 89071-42050. They're about £140 each with shipping, duty and VAT from Amayama or Partsouq. You can get pattern keys from ebay but I've had a few and am yet to get a year out of them before they crack, so went back to original parts and they've lasted well. Part numbers for the plastic and key bit depend on the year of your car. Be worth trying Simon Holton just to see what he can do it all for, but UK list price is something silly.

Reprogramming is easy, instructions in the workshop manual, or I can dig them out if you don't have one.

Hopefully someone has a cheaper way!

The expensive bit is the transmitter inside the key. It's part number 89071-42050. They're about £140 each with shipping, duty and VAT from Amayama or Partsouq. You can get pattern keys from ebay but I've had a few and am yet to get a year out of them before they crack, so went back to original parts and they've lasted well. Part numbers for the plastic and key bit depend on the year of your car. Be worth trying Simon Holton just to see what he can do it all for, but UK list price is something silly.

Reprogramming is easy, instructions in the workshop manual, or I can dig them out if you don't have one.

Hopefully someone has a cheaper way!

Rob

Thanks very much for time taken for your detailed response, much appreciated.

Gary.

There are a few guys in the US who make custom let fob covers, without the blade. I would highly recommend checking them out

Sorry I missed this...

They are made by a company called yotamd , Around $70 iirc , not the cheapest around but built well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry I missed this...

They are made by a company called yotamd , Around $70 iirc , not the cheapest around but built well.

Hi,

Good timing really, does this include the wireless for unlocking the car?

Regards
Gary

The outer shell I got from US. Company called YotaMD.

Expensive but brilliant.

599F6606-8633-482B-95FD-E04179DA3C9B.jpeg 44C91080-3076-4826-86DF-2BBDFA19A0C8.jpeg

Hi,

Good timing really, does this include the wireless for unlocking the car?

Regards
Gary

Just the shell.

The wireless bit might need to come from Toyota. Unless there is a similar fob off another Toyota that can be reprogrammed (?) Unsure about that.

Key I got from Timpson cut to fit from original £25 - Better quality steel than the chinese chocolate ones on ebay.
2 Button remote 433mhz on ebay around £15
Transponder chip ebay (But german supplied not chinese) £6
Less than £50 all in

I programmed with Techstream (£25 off ebay) but can actually be programmed through ignition with an original key and door open/closing combinations.

Back