Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Keys and codes

ModelMakerMan

Country Flag
england
The Keys for the Cruiser are getting pretty worn (both the main and the spare), I have to wiggle them in the ignition to get it to turn and sometimes I can pull the key out of the ignition with the engine running. The door locks are ok usually but can need a little wiggle too occasionally.

Im guessing I need to find my key code and get a new key from the dealer? Anyone know how I can find out my key code? Is it just the dealers that can cut keys from codes or are there other (cheaper!) places that could do it?

I believe good locksmiths have the facility to cut keys to chassis numbers these days..

My problem with keys is that the door-locks are not that secure. Last time I opened the truck easily with my motorcycle key by mistake. I think I will need to change the barrels. :/

Check out e-blag, there are sometimes complete locksets for the 80's

ModelMakerMan said:
sometimes I can pull the key out of the ignition with the engine running.

That says worn barrel to me. The keys may be worn but the barrel is too methinks :thumbdown:

Proper fix? Change ignition barrel and all door locks

What would I do? Not be bothered about the ignition barrel, take the best key of the two to a key cutters and get another made - just incase the others fail to work at some point..

Back