Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KL71's are on

Karlosfandango

Country Flag
uk
Finally got round to replacing the tyres. Picked up some second hand Kumho KL71's a while back, 2 are like new and 2 are about half worn. Fancied trying something a bit more extreme and as we don't do too many miles it seemed like a good idea.

They look fantastic, completely transformed it but my god I hope they settle in a bit. At the moment it's like driving on 50p's at low speeds. Road noise is definitely increased but they ride well at normal road speeds.

Obligatory picture...
IMG_0084.JPG

I've had some kl71's for many years. They last long as they've been on 3 trucks of mine.. I think and rate them well.
I too don't do too many miles and the first pair I bought back in 2011! They will last you a long time!:thumbup:

Infact the first pair are on the rear of my 60 in the profile picture!

Only slight pain is that they are rotational, so i've put a general grabber on the spare. Have another part worn sat in a shed incase a have any major issues. Hoping that having the new ones on the front will mean the wear will end up equalling out.

I just kept mine in pairs because the wheels per pair had slightly different offsets and when on the lj70's the rear set wouldn't fit the front. Coincidentally my new set have been on the front since new! I wouldn't worry too much as they've worn quite evenly and then when they eventually wear out just change them in pairs... thats my plan but I still have plenty of tread left! You're good for many moon's!:thumbup:

I highly rate Kumho tires. I had some road tires when I ran 20" rims and they lasted close to 80,000, and the best thing was I never picked up a puncture, compared to when I ran the 16" tires that initially came with the cruiser.
DSC01224.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back