Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ 70 A Bar

Tom-KZJ70

Hi
I have a kzj 70 and I want to put an A bar on the front, nothing to crazy just simple, been looking but only thing I can find is ARB style bumpers!
Has anyone used one for made for another vehicle and modified it to fit? Or am I just not looking hard enough?

Thank you in advance.
Tom

How about buying bullbars and then cutting the side bits off? Just leaving the A section.

Pete

Tom, ive got one that i removed from a 4-runner that i think might fit. it bolted to the underside of the chassis, where the front recovery points are. it just depends on if the 70 series chassis front legs are wider apart than the 4-runner. :think:

How about this one???

WP_000159.jpg

WP_000160.jpg

WP_000161.jpg

WP_000162.jpg

Its very light for its size being all aluminium - its not mine but it is for sale :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
just to confirm, 4-runner/surf ones will fit, with very slight modification.

on the 4-runner A bar ive got the holes are only 10mm out on the brackets, and the brackets are quite wide, so the holes could easily be elongated by 5mm each side. :thumbup:

Noooo, that bar looks great, you cant cut it up!

If I was keeping my 78 I would def have had that!

Pete

pics for Tom, as promised. :thumbup:

PB260001.jpg

PB260002.jpg

these holes need elongating by about 5mm on each bracket, or you could make some more L brackets for it.

PB260003.jpg

PB260004.jpg

there is a little bit of rust, and one of the pieces of tube is a little squashed.

PB260005.jpg

PB260006.jpg

PB260007.jpg

I was hoping for stainless but not to worry, bit far for me to collect how much would postage be to south Wales?
Thanks Tom

i will measure it tomorrow and put the sizes into parcel2go.com and see what price it comes up with. :thumbup:

Back