Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ78 Stereo options + Aerial+ Speakers

graysworld

What have people done regarding stereos...It looks like a double DIN would fit ? I don't mind single DIN but the small cubby hole under the stereo in a bit of a waste of space. Also what about the aerial, mine is just a manual one. Has anyone got tips for a replacement? Also there are places for rear speakers but only the dash mounted ones in the front. Can they be replaced without taking the dash out? Can 150mm speakers be fitted in the front doors without hindering the windows.

Regards Graeme

Hi. Does your truck have the metal dash with the speaker grills in? If so its a right PIA to replace the speakers. On my brother-in-laws we fitted 150mm in the front door cards. The speakers will interfere with the windows so you will have to either buy spacers or make some out of MDF or similair with a router like my BIL did and paint them either to match the colour of the door cards or the speakers. The spacers for his speakers where about 20mm thick from memory.The rear speakers we fitted in the back doors but the window doesnt go down as far as the front if I remember rightly so didnt need spacers. In the load bay he had a sub woofer fitted in the rear door(think it was the larger one) which we replaced as his was split. We fitted a single din headunit and a cubby hole. The aerial on his was electric so didnt need to do anything to that. If you fit a double din that allows you to fit a reversing camera as well. Or you could ask Mike about his door pods and ask him to measure them to see if they will fit. HTH.

Thanks Steve that's a great help. I am surprised that the aerial on mine is not electric considering the age. I can't see any evidence of there being one so maybe it was an option.

Graeme

Hi. Does your truck have the metal dash with the speaker grills in? If so its a right PIA to replace the speakers. On my brother-in-laws we fitted 150mm in the front door cards. The speakers will interfere with the windows so you will have to either buy spacers or make some out of MDF or similair with a router like my BIL did and paint them either to match the colour of the door cards or the speakers. The spacers for his speakers where about 20mm thick from memory.The rear speakers we fitted in the back doors but the window doesnt go down as far as the front if I remember rightly so didnt need spacers. In the load bay he had a sub woofer fitted in the rear door(think it was the larger one) which we replaced as his was split. We fitted a single din headunit and a cubby hole. The aerial on his was electric so didnt need to do anything to that. If you fit a double din that allows you to fit a reversing camera as well. Or you could ask Mike about his door pods and ask him to measure them to see if they will fit. HTH.

Correct, those dash ones are IIRC 4" and the N/S one is easy by removing glove box, the O/S needs the dash removing. Both speakers have limited room to put in much bigger. Correct again, the rear windows do only go down about 3/4 of the way, probably to stop your kids or dogs tipping themselves out. Cheers.

Speakers will be going in the front doors then! My rear windows still don't go down at all as I have not managed to find the time to find the problem. All jobs added to the list and I will update threads with problems solved as and when they are.

Graeme

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
One more question does anyone know which speaker cables are positive. So far I have got to the back cables which are grey and grey with a blue stripe. At a guess the blue stripped one is positive but can anyone confirm?

Regards Graeme

Back