Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser 150 D4D Auto Fuel Filter Light

RC150

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi Chaps,

I’ve got a fuel filter maintenance warning on the 150; I’ve drained the filter in case it was water in it (it wasnt), and have a new filter, but don’t know how to get the cruiser to reset the warning; does anyone know how to reset it? It’s the Icon, auto box, push to start.

advice welcome!

cheers,

Russ

It's normally automatically reset. There is a plug on or near the water trap, is that disconnected? Try reseat it?

Arn't filter lights a float design? so if there's water present the float will rise and make contact.
You should be able to check the current with a simple test light, maybe the contacts have got corroded or the float's stuck at the top of its travel.

Are you Geoff Capes by the way, push starting a LC is impressive :icon-twisted:

Arn't filter lights a float design? so if there's water present the float will rise and make contact.
You should be able to check the current with a simple test light, maybe the contacts have got corroded or the float's stuck at the top of its travel.

Are you Geoff Capes by the way, push starting a LC is impressive :icon-twisted:
Thanks, Juddian, will also check this.

Haha! I can push start it with a finger, so perhaps

Hi RC150 not sure if you solved this yet. When I did mine I unplugged the top sensor started the vehicle , plugged the sensor back in , turned off the vehicle. Started again and warning lamp was cleared.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Gasmanjc, I tried this plus everything else, no dice. Looks like the sensor must be bust, it’s the only thing left to change.

Back