Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser LJ73 2.4TD 2L-T Engine 1992

Dejv

Country Flag
bosnia_herzegovina
Hello everyone. My name is David and I've been working on my Toyota for a week now. I've replaced my clutch and had my engine taken out because of that. Now I'm in the process of putting everything back inside, so I've managed to connect the engine to the transmission and the engine mounts and startet to connect the wires. Presumably, I connect the wires as they should be, but forgot where the ground (-) cable from the battery connects to the frame. If anyone could look up or take a picture of it, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Next weeks, I'll continue working so is it okay to ask here if I stumble across more problems? I'll try to take pictures as well and if everything goes well I'll use this thread as my project thread.

Hi David.

It should bolt to the chassis just underneath the battery tray. If you drop the battery in, attach the terminal and swing the cable you should see where it attaches.

While you are at it, run an extra ground or 2 to the chassis ;)

Just pulled the engine out of one of mine and the main battery earth was attached to a bracket at the terminal end of the starter motor.

Thanks everyone for the info. I managed to bolt everything in and now I have some wirings and cables I don't know where they need to be connected, like 3 of them. The AC is in, power steering, alternator and all the tensioners. Just need to fit and tension all the belts.

I post some pictures later. I greatly appreciate the help.

Back