Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Rover crushed after owner causes damage to crops

I liked this part...

"The field was due to be replanted in the near future, but because the vehicle had driven over it, it could no longer be planted, due to the risk of contaminants."

:lol:

What contaminants could have come out of a Land Rover that couldn't have come out of a tractor? In fact, Land Rovers were originally farm vehicles and continue to be. This sounds like BS to me and just making an example if the chap. Maybe he will learn his lesson, look upon this as good fortune and go and buy himself a Landcruiser so he doesn't get stuck in future.

:shifty:

What contaminants could have come out of a Land Rover that couldn't have come out of a tractor? In fact, Land Rovers were originally farm vehicles and continue to be. This sounds like BS to me and just making an example if the chap. Maybe he will learn his lesson, look upon this as good fortune and go and buy himself a Landcruiser so he doesn't get stuck in future.

:shifty:

Agree 100%... we plant 1/4 acre of potatoes and other veg every year using my Ferguson 20 and my buddy's MF 65. Both of these drop a small bit of oil and a tiny weep of diesel constantly, as does almost every old tractor I have ever seen.. hasn't harmed our stuff.

Still, stupid to cross somone's land without permission

Was it -

A , the Lord of the manors field

Or

B , the driver is shagging a coppers ex

Or

C , a copper is trying to shag the fields owner

If he wasn't in a Landrover he could have ran the field owner over and made his escape while risking nothing more than a £1000 fine , there's a lesson in there somewhere though i'm damned if i know what it is .

Back