Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser 4 doorpickup

Curacao

Country Flag
curacao
hello. I live in the island of Curacao, an just got a new 2018 landcruiser pickup that i wanted to share with you.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The truck has a v6 gasoline engine. Same engine as the 4runner. Also has a electric whinch. Just installed 2 10" subwoofers, 2 6x9 speakers, 2 tweeters, 2 amps, a rear view camera just above the trailer hitch, and am waition 18" rims with 285/60 tires. Will update with pics soon.

COngratulations. Very nice truck. I wish those were available here.
The cage looks very sturdy - are you planning on rolling it?
The wheels you have on fit the truck very well. The new wheels you have ordered will give you a few new "abilities", imho: Bad looks, more wear, higher fuel consumption, less flexing (important offroad), less friction/grip and worse handling. The only good environment for fatter and lower profile, is dry, paved roads if you need high speed. If you need bigger tyres, there is the 255/85R16, which would suit this car very well, if there is room for them.

Too nice, too new, and too functional, does this sound a bit like envy...? :whistle:

Welcome aboard Curacao, :text-welcomewave:

I’m with uHu on the wheel ‘upgrade’, 60 profile will give you loads of aggro off-road, especially rock damage to the sidewalls.

It will be asphalt only for you from the change on...

Thanks for the posts. Previously I had a 2008 single cabin 6 cylinder diesel landcruiser. I also changed the rims on tires to a 285/60r18, and felt it looked a lot better with them on.

I live on the caribbean island of Curacao. There is not much offroading going on here. I build boats, and sell lumber. so I need to carry a lot of weight. Having three kids, made taking them to school difficult with the single cabin. With pain in my heart, I had to sell the truck.

6 months ago, I went to the toyota dealer on the island, and told him that I wanted the 4 door landcruiser, but that I needed the same size bed as the single cabin. This was not possible. The dealer showed me the roll bar, which is factory installed, and is supposed to carry up to 2 tons. This is what made me decide to get this truck.

Here are two pictures of my previous landcruiser with original rims, and without.

blob.jpg blob.jpg View attachment 139795

Reactions: Ben
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
nice one mate. Surprised there is a v6 model. Over here we get v8 turbo diesel or v8 turbo diesel ! Im guessing its the same v6 petrol that the aussie 150 had in it until recently.

Nice pics, thanks for them. It does look smart with the wheel-change. You know what you want and you don’t have to justify it.

I run on 305mm wide treads, against all logical advice, I just love wide tyres, end of. :lol:

Very nice trucks, especially the old one, with the original wheels :cool:.
I would be scared driving with the low profile ones, and would have to avoid curbs and rocks.
Factory installed roll bar is something I never heard of. Good to learn something new today. Definitely looks sturdy.
I had to look up where your island is located, very exotic for a northener. What kind of boats do you build?

Very nice boat. I like the lines/curves. Wood? Is the hull made of wood? The deck looks glassfibre. Do you build them bigger as well? That one is maybe around 20 ft?

The boat is 16'. Every part on this boat is okume marine plywood encapsulated with fiberglass using epoxy resin. Currently i am building a 20' center console, and in a few months should begin building a 45' with twin MAN diesel.

I like your job Curacao, hope you like it as well. Beautiful boats.

Back to your new cruiser: I guess your kids like it as well, even from a backseat point of view.

I love my job. my kids like the landcruiser, but will love the landcruiser once the shiny rims come on.

Reactions: uHu
Bling bling. Now you have to shine them every day :D
They remind me of the ones I put on my 80, 20 yrs ago.
How is the 20-footer coming along?

Back