landcruiser club Ireland

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Bob

Supporter
I am in ireland
Jun 30, 2011
Co.Carlow - Ireland
I joined it a few years ago, but activity was scarce at times. I find here to be very active, and great help when needed, just missing the local knowledge for contacts.

prendergast7

I am in ireland
Mar 17, 2013
DUBLIN, Ireland
that's a shame - I had loads of posts on it. I'm looking to get my LJ71 back on the road in 2022 as it will be vintage then. Can anyone recommend a body shop and someone to help with electrical?

Bob

Supporter
I am in ireland
Jun 30, 2011
Co.Carlow - Ireland
Whereabouts on the island are you based? Plenty of good places but €€€€. Is it rust? (Of course its rust )
Auto electric can be hit and miss, as to whether lads are interested in that sort of work.

Del boy

I am in ireland
Dec 10, 2020
Again depending on location I can help with electrics ,I have direct access to one of the best auto electrians , body work is not my strong point but other than terminal rust there‘s not a lot than can’t be sorted , post some pictures .

prendergast7

I am in ireland
Mar 17, 2013
DUBLIN, Ireland
thanks Bob and Del. The car is stored in Wexford (Oulart). I think I have someone to do the bodywork but waiting on prices. Attached is a PDF with pictures and details of what needs to be done. let me know if you cant see that. First is to sort the body and then deal with some engine issues and the electrical. By and large, I think the electrics is not bad. Would be good to get the auto locks fixed and a general run over though.

Attachments

Bob

Supporter
I am in ireland
Jun 30, 2011
Co.Carlow - Ireland
Good hurling country.. I presume Tyrells are looking at the rust issues if you are in that neck of the woods. Very good I believe.

The central locking is probably something very simple, toyota electrics are very good, so duses or relays are the main culprits. The other option sometimes is the wiring loom between the drivers door and its door jamb. They can get frayed or cut if they've been tampered with.

Let us know how you're getting on. I just got the rust sorted on the chassis of my 90 series, its a good feeling to know its all solid again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks