Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruisers at work

Got sent out yesterday morning to rescue the Muppet in the van, he'd taken it home ond parked at the bottom of his steep hill knowing that it was going to snow, twat.
20190201_070110.jpg
Got half way up but had to stop as two others had pulled out in front and got stuck. Gave the strop some slack to Unhook , disconnected from mine. As he unhooked it from the van (nothing connected now) it started sliding down the hill, ive never seen him move so fast! Told him to park up and we collected it in the afternoon.
Ps..wow! Muds are crap in the snow, normally jave the AT's on.

Love the work Iwan A true Pro.. when do ya reckon it will be finished..? Keep posting the progress... Looking forward to the end result:thumbup:

Thanks mate for the comment! I completed my task there mid January, after 5 months there! Was daunting at the start but am involved with the project management so yes be able to add some progress pics to add if ok with all. It's good to goto a job and really turn it around! It's motoring along now the different trades are able to move in! Thanks again!:thumbup:

Got sent out yesterday morning to rescue the Muppet in the van, he'd taken it home ond parked at the bottom of his steep hill knowing that it was going to snow, twat.
View attachment 153810
Got half way up but had to stop as two others had pulled out in front and got stuck. Gave the strop some slack to Unhook , disconnected from mine. As he unhooked it from the van (nothing connected now) it started sliding down the hill, ive never seen him move so fast! Told him to park up and we collected it in the afternoon.
Ps..wow! Muds are crap in the snow, normally jave the AT's on.

That’s not snow Nick, looks more like a dusting of icing sugar :lol:

Yep, muds are crap on stuff like that, you need about a foot of it for them to behave:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Busy with the Trailer again... This is where your Diesel Skoda Fabia ends up when you Brim it with PETROL.. then ignore all the lights/Whistles and Bells lighting up the dashboard and try and Drive it home in 3rd. From Eastbourne to Dover... And guess whos got to try and fix it.... I wonder sometimes about my Missus:doh:
DSCF9707.JPG
DSCF9708.JPG

I feel your pain, my wife did it with her Fabia 1.9 too, though it was the model before. I think I got lucky, I siphoned out the tank (get at able under the rear seat), changed and primed the fuel filter, disconnected the battery for a bit and after a bit of spluttering it came to life again with no apparent ill effects. Hope yours goes the same !

Thanks Flint. I can only hope... I take it there is no drain plug underneath... The fact that she managed to drive it over 70 miles is beyond me.... Iv not tried to start it.. New filter and a good clean out.. and hope for the Best

I guess petrol is a solvent, so you will end up with cleaner pipes :)

Fingers crossed for you Higgy.
There's a bloke round our way who seems to pretty much make a living out of this. He has a card in every petrol station.
Put the wrong fuel in. Ring him and out he comes..

The fact that she managed to drive it over 70 miles is beyond me

I think my wifes one was nearly empty when she filled up and only got about 4 or 5 miles before it gave out. "Made a funny noise"......so did I. :)

Fingers crossed for you Higgy.
There's a bloke round our way who seems to pretty much make a living out of this. He has a card in every petrol station.
Put the wrong fuel in. Ring him and out he comes..
Thanks for the Comments... Apparently The RAC reckon every three minutes in the UK someone puts the wrong fuel in their Motor ......:doh:...The thing is, Last month it had a new MOT and 4 new Tyres....

Last edited:
Well Im Staggered ...Drained and mopped out the fuel Tank cleaned the lines out , Put a new fuel filter on... Cleared some Codes..... Runs better than it ever did, Quiet, Responsive, Goes better i think... Charged Her £350 I think thats Fair..... :thumbup:

The Womenfolk have decided to change Livery Yards (it happens every few years . . all is fine, then they fall out, then the grass is greener somewhere else . . . Until they get there :doh:).

Naturally they don't do it themselves . . .

And, of course, they want "Their" rubber matting from the stables.

The matting is made from re-cycled tyres, each 4' x 6' sheet weighs about 75 kilos and is very difficult to lift as it 'flops' everywhere and there is nothing to get hold of. And they stink.

At home yesterday (having dragged the mats into the horse trailer) I set about cleaning them with industrial cleaner, a stiff brush or two and a hose. Then I had to get them into the box trailer.

A little ingenuity was required as I was on my own, but fortunately I have some suitable toys . . .

This is NOT how you're supposed to use a Tower Wagon - but as it has a lift capacity of 200 Kilos I wasn't overloading it:

DSCN8809.jpg

DSCN8810.jpg

DSCN8813.jpg

Abuse of machinery it may be, but it saved my old back - result :thumbup:.

Naturally the 'Amazon' featured in the procedure :icon-wink:.

Bob.

I know what you mean about those rubber mats. I use to look after the Hunt Horses on the farm.. And would use the mini Digger to drag 'em' to the Power Washer...( The mats not the Horses)... I hated those Hunters, I would have gladly shot every one...:thumbup:

Back