Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruisers at work

IMG_0001.JPG
Cold, wet, windy, February fence fixing day.

looks like you have a lot of the load forward of the axles? having said that 95 rear springs do get tried.
Yeah your right about the weight being forward on the trailer, I have some used 80 springs to try when I can find some motivation.

IMG_9802.PNG
Old photo: My old 80 on towing duty having just returned from two weeks in the Pyrenees. The Discovery's crankshaft timing gear spot welds failed on day 15 of 30, one summer spent touring France and Spain, so the 80 stepped up at moments notice. From that trip on, the 80 was the touring vehicle of choice. It continues to do sterling service for its current owner.

The 250k engine in the discovery was repaired under warranty and is still part of the family, working hard for its living.

View attachment 113455 Old photo: My old 80 on towing duty having just returned from two weeks in the Pyrenees. The Discovery's crankshaft timing gear spot welds failed on day 15 of 30, one summer spent touring France and Spain, so the 80 stepped up at moments notice. From that trip on, the 80 was the touring vehicle of choice. It continues to do sterling service for its current owner.

The 250k engine in the discovery was repaired under warranty and is still part of the family, working hard for its living.
Another strange job. No problem for the mighty 80!!!!

20170303_144134.jpg 20170303_144121.jpg 20170303_144058.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like a "rock-'n-roller" that one Frank, if loaded badly, I'll bet you're having fun with that!

Removed an old oak tree stump today. Chainsawed out the visible routes and the cruiser did the rest. In the video it shows my second pull. First pull wasn't on video. This was done in H4 and just loosened the stump a bit before snapping the strap, so I Swapped to low range and I was amazed at how easy it just pulled it out. You can hear in the video at how little throttle it took.

If you've got good dry and firm traction, the power of a pull at the "anchor" end is immense.

I tried to pull a 16 tonne loaded garbage truck when it's rear wheels were bogged into an unsurfaced track, but it was wet, muddy and very slippery.

All 4 wheels on my 80 were rotating, in low 1st, with all 3 lockers on, at idle!

Got him out with the winch in the end, my truck strapped to his truck and my winch line attached by a chain to a big bugger of a reinforced concrete power line support pole.

Nice one Beau :thumbup:

Back