Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruisers at work

Collecting my new dog taxi/shooting/lamping truck. Cant cut a hole in the roof of the 80 for a lamp.....just an excuse for another truck!!!

IMG-20171216-WA0001.jpg

Time for a spot of gardening . . . So I hired this Kubota U27-4 for a week.

Playtime :thumbup:.

DSCN8437.JPG

Its 2.6 ton plus the three buckets, no problem for my Ifor Williams GX 106 (3.5 ton) trailer, but its a bit low for the 100'2 towbar - so the suspension dropped to 'Low'. It still towed OK.

I rebuilt this trailer a couple of years ago and the brakes are excellent :dance:.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I love diggers :dance:. The farm used to have an old JCB C3 that was held together by rust and gravity, I used to use that on occasion.

The Kubota doesn't seem to be very powerful . . . Maybe the hire company have tweaked the relief valve to reduce the risk of damage :whistle:.

Currently digging a moat around a 5ft dia beech stump after I dropped the dead trunk last week. I'm hoping the farm's Merlo Telehandler will lift it out (3.5 ton lift :cool:).

Bob.

I love diggers :dance:. The farm used to have an old JCB C3 that was held together by rust and gravity, I used to use that on occasion.

The Kubota doesn't seem to be very powerful . . . Maybe the hire company have tweaked the relief valve to reduce the risk of damage :whistle:.

Currently digging a moat around a 5ft dia beech stump after I dropped the dead trunk last week. I'm hoping the farm's Merlo Telehandler will lift it out (3.5 ton lift :cool:).

Bob.

mines a komatsu pc18mr.
need to do some bushes around it but works fine for the min.

Bob.

Bob you should come and visit me here, if you like diggers and other mining equipment........
B601.jpg

Bob you should come and visit me here, if you like diggers and other mining equipment........

That's what I need to get that Beech root plate out - the Merlo wouldn't look at it :doh:.

Great bit of kit that.

Bob.

That's what I need to get that Beech root plate out - the Merlo wouldn't look at it :doh:.

Great bit of kit that.

Bob.

Is there any stump left? If so, Swedish fire log it... and then just wait for the week long burn as it gets into the roots.

Is there any stump left?

Oh yes !

Its the nearest I get to weeding in my garden :laughing-rolling:.

You should see what I use for pruning (A Stihl MS880 with a 48" bar :shock:).

DSCN8445.JPG

With 'Phoebe' for scale.

DSCN8442.JPG

Burning it out is a good idea. I had thought about a high-pressure hose but ideally some great muckle excavator for a couple of minutes. Various things turn up at the farm - I'll keep my eyes open.

Back in the early 1960s when I was in the School Cadet Force (yup, an English Public School) I did a course on laying explosives. We blew out eight tree stumps about this size on a farm near Bath. Eight sticks of 'PE-2A' plastic under each proved to be too much :lol:.

I guess schools don't teach this stuff these days (as we no longer have an Empire) :doh:.

Now where did I put that Sodium Chlorate Weedkiller ? . . . . . . (been there too).

Bob.

The farm used to have an old JCB C3

I learned to operate a digger in one of them when i was supposed to be at school , its still going now on a farm even despite the fact the cab was so rusty and wobbly i cut it off maybe 20 years ago . I wonder if anyone has actually show it a grease gun yet :crazy:

I learned to operate a digger in one of them when i was supposed to be at school , its still going now on a farm even despite the fact the cab was so rusty and wobbly i cut it off maybe 20 years ago . I wonder if anyone has actually show it a grease gun yet :crazy:
we used to have a old 3b. the cab was that bad we sort of kicked it off rather than cut it off..

Empty trailer this time but its justs moved the digger again . my work vans off the road so this truck has had to jump in to get me out of a mess.

20180901_160035.jpg

Back